Chapter 52: Preferably Tylers favorite

Katie
I woke up at... yeah you already know, 5:00 a.m.

After I ride Titan I get a phone call from my dad.

"Hey Katie, I just wanted to tell you we're going to Claires tonight for dinner."

"Oh okay. What's the special occasion?"

"Nothing!" His voice comes out high-pitched.

"Okay? Can Wyatt come?"

"Yeah. I'll see you tonight!"

"Bye."

But, my dad hangs up before I finish.

Wonder why he seemed so weird.

I park beside Wyatt's Jeep so I can catch him before school starts. I know he always brings his gym bag to his car before class.

I'm sitting on my truck bed scrolling through TikTok when I hear, "Kate, is that you?"

I look up and see Wyatt walking towards me in white wash jeans and a snug blue shirt.

His hair is still damp making it even more curly.

How come he always looked like a freaking Vogue model? It must come naturally to him.

"No, it's Stacy," I respond sarcastically.

Wyatt smiles his knee-weakening smile and picks me off the back of my truck.

"I knew it wasn't Stacy because I didn't smell her nose-hair-burning perfume," Wyatt says against my hair.

"I know, why is it so strong," I say as he puts me down.

"What's up? You never wait for me after practice." Wyatt asks as he slams his trunk shut.

"My family is going to Claire's tonight for dinner. Care to join?" I ask smiling sweetly.

Wyatt's eyes harden a fraction and his hands clench into a fist. Things I only noticed since I've mesmerized all Wyatt's physical expressions.

"Sure, I'll go."

I tilt my head to the side. "Wyatt, what's wrong?"

He forces a smile. "Nothing, nothing. What time are we getting there?"

I stare into his eyes trying to read what emotions are swirling around.

"Probably around 5:00."

"Alright, I'll pick you up," Wyatt says as he wraps his arm around me.

"Kat, seriously it wasn't me that was poking you," Tyler argues with me.

I turn around to glare at him. "Mmhm, sure it wasn't."

Tyler smirks. He switched classes and had last period with me where he decided to poke me with a pencil the entire time. I really don't know how Izzy dates that man.

"What time are you getting to my house?" Tyler asks.

"Around five," I say opening my locker.

"I think my mom is dating someone." Tyler blurts out.

I hit my head against my locker door. "Shit!"

I rub my head. "Why do you think that?"

"Every time I see her with her phone she has this little grin. This morning she was super weird. I think she might announce it tonight." Tyler says with one hundred percent seriousness. Which never happens.

I slam my locker shut. "I'm sure it's nothing."

I quirk an eyebrow. "Would you be okay with her dating someone?"