6

I stood next to Luna stroking thestrals, we stood next to each other in silence feeding the creatures. The sound of a snapping tree branch on the floor behind us seemed to perk both of us up. "Hello, Harry Potter" Luna greeted. Too in my own thoughts, I stood still, every time Im out here a wave of melancholy washes over me. I can't quite accept the fact that every time I stare into this creature I remember my mother's death.

I snapped back into reality, I slightly waved at him. Remembering last night.
"Hello, Luna, Evelyn" He stood next to Luna, her in the middle. I grabbed another piece of meat and slowly rolled it toward the creature.
"Your feet, aren't they cold?" the boy asked. He notice Luna didn't have shoes, most of the time she didn't.
"Bit" she replied not seeming to mind. She never does, I love that about her .
"Unfortunately, all of my shoes have mysteriously disappeared" she explained. "I suspect Nargles are behind it" she whispered to him. Normal Luna. Harry just stood there, not knowing what to say, I smiled in awe at them, it's nice they're getting to know each other.

"What are they?" He asked as he eyed the creatures, I walked away looking for another thestrals to feed, leaving them to discuss, but still within hearing range.
"They are called Thestrals" "They're quite gentle, really, but people seem to avoid them because they're a bit" she wondered off.
"Different" the boy finished.
"Why can't the others see them?"
Curious, I like that.
"They can only be seen by people who've seen death" My breath hitched. Death. I hated it more than anything. The one thing I fear the most.
"So you've known someone who's died, then?"
"My mom" she spoke.
"I'm sorry"
"Yes it was rather horrible"
"She's seen someone die as well?" The Potter boy questioned. I guess they were talking about me.
"Oh yes,"
"May I ask whom?"
"Well I would've told you, but it's better if I don't, I'll admit she's had it worse" "But that makes her special, very charming as well isn't she, she's not much of a talker but once you get to know her, you'll learn to communicate with her just by feeling her touch" the Lovegood girl explained. I smiled, my back still facing them.

I walked back from where I stood and walked over to them, I pulled out my hand out to him and waited. "She wants you to follow her," said Luna. Thank you, Luna.
"Oh I'm yeah sorry" the boy shyly took out of his hand.
I gently held onto his hand, they were much bigger than mine, and firm, soft yet so cold, I guided him back to where I was standing before. We stood a couple of feet apart from the creature, I slowly took out a piece of meat from my bag and handed it out to the boy. We still didn't let go.

"Are you sure?" he asked unsurely.
I nodded. Yes, trust me
They don't bite.
He carefully grabbed the meat from my free hand and threw it at the animal, soon the small creature grabbed it and started munching on it. Harry began to grin as he saw he had been successful, I grinned at him. I let go of his hand, a shift in his eyes.
He fixed his glasses, but something caught my attention. His hand.
I gently but rapidly grabbed Harry's right hand, but before I can make sure what I saw was right, he shook off his hands.
I glared at him.
Let me see.
"It's nothing to worry about, j-just a scratch" he jittered.
Don't make me.
I glared even more.
I tried to snatch onto his arm but he wouldn't budge.
"It's nothing" he demanded. The boy sighed in defeat and slowly showed me his hand.
I gasped silently, I couldn't believe my eyes, in his hand was written I must not tell lies. I looked up to meet his gaze in fear, who did this to him?
I furrowed my eyes in question.
"Umbridge"
I gently traced the mark on his hand with my fingers.
"Ouch!" He winced in pain.
I send him an apologetic frown.
"It's alright"
"Are you okay?" I lifted my notepad and wrote.
"Yeah"
"Have you told anyone?" I asked.
"Umm Hermione, but she promised me she wouldn't tell Dumbledore or McGonogall" I sighed in defeat.
"Trust me I'm fine alright, I'm standing aren't I?" the boy tried to defuse the tension. I flicked the top of his forehead with my fingers, taking him by surprise.
"What was that for?"
"You deserve it" I smiled, I took another piece of raw meat and fed the creature once again, the boy just watched. Luna watched from behind.

"We both believe in you, by the way," Luna said as she stood next to us.
"That He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back and that you fought him, and the Ministry and Prophet are conspiring against you" she explained. I nodded.
"Thanks, it seems you're the about the only ones that do"
"As long that you two believe in me, I'm happy with that" he stared at me. Hard.