18

"Well, well, being so brave aren't you?" Umbridge slowly walked up to the girl.
"Care to say anything?" she asked.
"Uhh?" " That's right, even if you tried, that dumb mouth of yours, it won't do you any good"
"I know everything about you Miss Blackwood, and I'm not afraid to hurt you again" Umbridge warned maliciously, she looked at her hand. Evelyn stayed confident, many people looked down on her for not being able to speak and express her feelings at such a young age, but she knew best not to show her weakness.

"I guess it won't hurt to use the Cruciatus curse, it might help you loosen up that tongue of yours, maybe it will help you speak once again" she smirked viciously. Evelyn on the other hand began to lose herself once again, she blamed herself for acting in an impetuous way. She saw as Umbridge slowly took out her wand, and placed it on her chest, she looked to her right, seeing as Draco looked at her with agitated look, he nodded. She saw the way he fiddled with his wand, he couldn't see her like that, he opened his mouth and let go of Neville but before he could say or do anything, a loud voice beat him to it.

"Don't you dare touch her!" yelled out Harry. He struggled to free his hand, he began panting even more, he had to get them out of there fast. Umbridge turned and looked at the boy and took a deep breath before walking to him.

"What do you think you're doing, trying to help this useless dumb girl who can't even spe-" she was interrupted by Hermione.
"Tell her, Harry!"
"Tell me what?" Umbridge's ears perked up. Harry stayed quiet, seeming as if he didn't understand what was going on, no one did.
"If you won't tell her, then I will.." Silence.
"Dumbledore's secret weapon" Hermione finally admitted. But then it soon clicked for Harry, he slightly raised a smile without anyone noticing, and he coughed trying to gain his posture.
"Well, then take me where Dumbledore's secret weapon is then, we don't have time!"
Umbridge untied Harry and took Hermione alongside them. But before they left, the quiet girl gave the Gryffindor one last smile, Hermione nodded in response. It was now Evelyn's turn to carry on with the plan.

Draco let go of Neville, and the poor boy just sighed loudly in relief, as for Evelyn, she knew what was coming next. Draco walked quickly to the girl, snapping his fingers, signaling his other members to let go of the rest. He stood tall over the girl, Evelyn looked down.

"It seems this has been quite the year for you and your little friends, hasn't it Evelyn?" asked Malfloy. His voice sounded hurt and disappointment spread across his face.  "It seems like you've changed, ever since you started hanging out with Potter and his stupid friends, it seems like you've forgotten about us, Pansy, Blaise, even me. I miss the old you, the old you would've hidden behind me nagging at me for walking too fast as we walked to class, the old you would've hung out in the woods playing by the river at midnight just you and me, the old you would have hid yourself from others trying to not bring attention to yourself, but now you're quite doing the opposite, I don't know what has gotten into you, your not the same Evelyn that I've known since we've been kids, but I won't look after you anymore, you've got someone to do that now" Tears began to swell up her in her eyes.

I'm sorry

"No need to apologize, I won't be needing it, you've gotten yourself more confident, I like that, don't ever stop it" He sheepishly smiled, they didn't break eye contact, she hadn't realized all the damage she was doing. But soon it hit her, he was hurting, all those things he was doing to gain her attention. He joined the squad cause he thought that was what she thought was best, he wanted her best friend back, she was having fun, adventures, and making memories at the same time, just not realizing the ones she was leaving behind and hurting at the same time.

"I won't be taking any of your time, I know you've got somewhere to be, and I won't try to stop you anymore, just be careful I can't afford to lose you" Before he walked away, he planted a small peck in the girls forehead. Evelyn just stood there, frozen in time, she remembered her best friend, all those memories. She closed her eyes and wiped her tears before they had the chance to fall, but now wasn't the time.

She blinked her eyes, returning to reality. Ginny looked at the quiet girl, she knew she wasn't going to move. She quietly walked up to the girl and pulled her close to her chest, Evelyn shook her head repeatedly.

"Shhh, it's not your fault, we all change, and when we do, it's an amazing power that not many can do, you put yourself out there, you threw fireworks with my brothers, in front of Umbridge, I mean that's got to mean something, never in a million years you would've imaging yourself flying around with two boys breaking the rules, so stop blaming yourself for having fun"
"She's right Evelyn, no need to keep blaming yourself for it" Ron spoke up.
"Now come on now, no more crying, you're leaving snot all over her" they all giggled. Evelyn softly let go, her eyes puffy, she was right, she shouldn't be blaming herself all the time.
"Now Evelyn don't cry, remember, after all this is over we can go see the Thestrals and feed them, I bet they're missing us" whispered Luna. Evelyn let out a quiet giggle, she turned to look at Neville who seemed to be tearing up, and the girls tilted their heads sideways.
"I've got something in my eye" The boy wiped his eyes with the long sleeve of his sweater.
"Yup, heard that many times before," snorted Ron, they all broke into a laugh.