34

Evelyn ran through the corn fields, heart racing faster than ever. She came to a halt, she was able to hear her heart beating. Behind her, she multiples footsteps, and she pointed her wand in every direction.

"Alexandra is dead!" She heard Bellatrix's voice all around her surroundings. She was making fun of her. Then she heard again and again.

Evelyn dropped to her knees, dropped her wand, and covered her ears. The high-pitched voice was too intense for her to handle, she wanted to disappear, she wanted to be invisible. She wanted to be gone, away from all this chaos.

Please go away.

"SUCH A CRYBABY!"
"SUCH A CRYBABY!"
"SUCH A CRYBABY!"

Maze cornfields, no one in sight surrounded her.

Please make it stop.

She wasn't strong enough, she never could be. Suddenly she felt a pair of slim arms pull the girl into their embrace.
"You're with me. You're safe" whispered Harry into the girls' ears, the sound of his soothing voice calming her down.

She's taunting me. She won't stop.

The boy picked her up in bridal style, she felt him pass through a small puddle of water and then placed her on a tilted grass surface. She kept her eyes closed, she heard multiple footsteps running closed and coming to a stop by each other.

"Evelyn!" She heard her uncle's voice call out to her. She slowly raised her eyes and opened her eyes, there stood alongside Remus, Tonks, and Mr. Weasley.

I'm sorry

"It's okay sweetheart! Don't overthink it! It's not your fault." He walked over to her niece, he crouched down meeting eye level with her. "Just show me what you got" smirked Sirius.

Evelyn's lips formed a smile, and she kindly nodded. Sirius helped the girl stand up, he stood alongside her. Evelyn looked towards the dark sky, she raised both of her hands, closed her eyes she chanted her spell.

A thin white layer began to rise from the ground, only visible to her, she heard spells and explosions all around her. The thin layer formed a bubble around them, she opened her eyes, and all the noise had stopped.

It had worked, the spell had worked. She looked in front of her, there stood Bellatrix and another death eater. Her eyes big as always, Evelyn's breathing hitched at the sight of her "Where are they?!" She yelled out, she turned to her surroundings.

"Where did they run off to?!" She demanded.
"NO!" She stomped her feet, her gaze fiercer as always.
"You, look for her!" She ordered the other death eater.

"Where are you, Evelyn? Daddy's waiting for you with the Dark Lord. He says he wants her daughter back!" She yelled out to no one. She groaned in frustration after she had received no response and within seconds she formed into dark smoke and flew away.

"Good job kiddo," smiled Sirius once again.
"Evelyn, are you alright?" Came in Harry with a worried expression, he crouched down next to the girl pulling her into his embrace. Their foreheads pressed against one another.
I'm okay, Harry. She smiled at him.

"What was that? One second we were crowed by death eaters and then the next, it's as if we were gone." Asked Tonks, who stood still as she was still in shock. Remus turned to look at the girl, his mouth gaping open, " It certainly was," was all he said.