15

The students entered through the main entrance of Hogwarts, excited to see their friends once again. Evelyn walked alongside Luna, holding hands and swinging them back and forth giggling with one another. They walked up to their common room and began chatting about their holidays, they walked around the hallways of Hogwarts and walked into the Great Hall, enjoying their dinner.

~~

"Just remember your patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused" Harry mentored the other students who failed miserably in casting the spell.
"Focus Luna," said Harry as he walked around the room, helping everyone individually.
"Think of the happiest thing you can," Hermione cast the spell, and soon an otter patronus seemed to fly around Hermione, a smile forming on her face as she had been successful.

Evelyn stood in the corner of the room, she stood frozen in place her wand in front of her in position. She stared down at her feet, she couldn't think of anything. There was not a single happiest memory that she could remember.
How am I supposed to cast this spell if I can't even think of a damn memory? The girl started to get frustrated with herself. She knew she remembered some memories but she certainly couldn't pick on one, especially when that other person wasn't alive anymore.

The quiet girl suffered in silence.
I can't
"I know you can" a sudden male voice spoke.
The girl lifted her gaze and met with those same bright blue eyes.
The girl shook her head, her hair falling onto her face.
"I know you have something, you just need to think harder," said Harry. He walked up behind the girl and stood a couple of inches behind her. He admired her from behind, he loved how she fitted perfectly in his chest. The girl took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and tried to think of a memory.

The girl moved her wand carefully, she thought of a certain memory. The girl still had her eyes closed, the only visible thing she could imagine was the memory of a particular night.
Expecto Patronum
Soon she felt the source of power from her wand, the girl opened her eyes she was met with a blue source of light moving around, she looked up and her eyes met a panda. The girl's eyes lit up by the second, she looked at Harry. He was already staring at her, he was showing his cheesy smile. The girl walked up to the boy and hugged the boy, her face against his chest. She could hear his heartbeat beat faster by the second, he hugged her back, and soon both pulled away.
Harry scratched the back of his head, the girl fixed her hair. They smiled warmly at each other.

A sudden loud breaking noise behind both the boy and girl caught their attention. They both turned around, seeing as all the other kids were looking at where the noise was coming from. The big brick wall began to crumble when suddenly a big explosion broke the wall.
Harry stood in front of the girl, hiding her behind him, both of their faces facing each other. Their eyes close, not getting dust in them.
They looked up and turned to look at the wall, there was a giant crack, and a few people stood on the other side.
Harry and the others, except Evelyn, walked closer to the wall, wondering what caused it. Only to meet a certain group of people whom they wished not to see. Umbridge and his squad stood behind him, Filch stood alongside them, and then Harry's eyes met her, Cho.

She looked down in embarrassment, the boy looked at her in disgust alongside the others. Evelyn slowly walked behind the trio, standing next to Hermione, she stood shorter than her. She lifted her gaze, knowing what was to come, she looked at his eyes, and Draco's eyes stared back at her in disappointment.
I'm sorry. She signed.
His eyes were lit on fire, she lied to him, and worst, she betrayed her only family.
"Get them," said Umbridge.
"Get them to the Great Hall" she ordered.

Evelyn sat in her seat, a blank paper sat flat on her desk, a quill in right her hand. Her left hand was placed flat on her desk, and she quietly groaned at the pain in her wrist. I must not lie, the word began to appear on her wrist, and small drops of blood began to drip down her wrist. She wanted to cry. She hated the feeling of it, but overall she hated the sight of blood. The girl tightened her hands into a fist, she let go of the quill and placed her hand on top of the forming wound putting pressure on it.

Harry looked down at his wrist, he groaned slightly at the pain in his wrist. He tried hard not to seem bothered by it, he glared at Umbridge. She sat there smiling at the other students, her legs crossed over one another, looking as if she hadn't done anything wrong. The boy looked down at his wrist, he took a deep breath when suddenly he raised his head at a certain sound. His eyes met her back, Evelyn sat in front of him, he wished he could go up to her and tell her sorry that it was all his fault. He wished he could up to her and hold her hand and heal it, but he couldn't, because he was stuck just as she was.

The students began to leave the Great Hall, most of them looking down at the floor while holding their wrists. Evelyn walked alongside them, she looked at the floor, ignoring the people around her. She wanted to get far away from the other students, she wasn't worried about her wound anymore, but she was thinking of Draco and Harry.

I hope he doesn't stop talking to me. I lied to him. I'm so stupid. No, don't be so self-conscious, you did the right thing. No need to be scared. He won't rat me out like that, he never has. I hope Harry's okay. I want to see him.

"Evelyn?" her thoughts were cut off by Harry's voice.
She stopped in her tracks and looked up to face him.
"I have been meaning to talk to you," he said.
"If that's okay with you," he said. She nodded, still holding onto her wrist. He noticed.

"I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry, if I knew Umbridge would make us go through that, I wouldn't have made you join" The boy walked closer to her. They stood inches away from each other, he looked down at his feet not bearing to meet her gaze. He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

" I don't even know why I made you join, it was such a stupid idea in the first pl-" she placed her hands on top of his cheeks. Making the boy look up, being the only one noticing they were too close, her face was calm. His eyes stared into hers, she stared back, he had gone silent, he didn't utter a single word, he couldn't move they just stared into each other's eyes.

It's okay.
"It's not okay" the boy sighed, the girl still holding onto the boy's cheeks. Evelyn was oblivious to how close they were to one another.
I wanted to join, you didn't make me, and you didn't do anything wrong

"Don't look at me like that" the boy sighed. The girl tilted her head to the side.
Like what?
"Trying to make me feel better"

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the pain I put you through in there, and I know you're probably rethinking why you even bothered joining" The boy lowered his head once again. She carefully placed her fingers under his chin and brought up his gaze once again. She started to chuckle silently, Harry just stared at her dumbfounded.

"What?" he asked.
She raised her fingers from her dominant hand and pressed her fingers together against her palm, leaving her thumb resting along her index finger creating an A-hand shape. Then brought her dominant hand up and pressed it to her forehead.

Idiot

She looked down at her feet, blushing, ignoring the stinging pain from her cut.
"Oh cmon that's not fair" "I don't know sign language" Harry whined. The girl shook her head once again, shrugged her shoulders, and she started to walk away backward her cheeks slightly turning a darker shade of pink.

She turned around and walked around the corner leaving his sight before he could utter another word.