10

" I didn't mean to interrupt you guys or anything, but I was looking for Evelyn, I was hoping we could meet up for lunch" Lucas explained. His gaze did not leave Harry's, who was this guy to her? wondered Harry, a hint of jealousy shown in the boy's eyes, he fake smiled at the Ravenclaw boy.
"Oh no that's fine, we're done either way," said Harry.
"Then I'll see you around Evelyn, great job by the way" complimented the boy.
"Thanks, Harry, I'll see you around," she waived. She gathered her things, she walked back with the older boy.
"Nice to meet you, Harry!" yelled out Lucas.
He ignored him.
She turned around one last time and waved goodbye to the boy. The boy waved back, not leaving her from his eyesight until they were fully gone.
"Why am I jealous?"
"I bet she doesn't even like me, I barely even met her and I'm acting as if I'm her boyfriend or something" Harry talked to himself, he sat down next to a rock and stared at the castle.
Am I falling too early?

-

Evelyn and Hermione both sat in the library as usual both studying for the OWL's.
"If I'm being honest it seems like I haven't learned anything this year besides trying to get myself out of trouble" Hermione closed the book and stood up and began pacing around.
"Have you learned anything?" Hermione asked. The girl nodded. "Exactly, at the same time, it doesn't even feel like Hogwarts no more" she signed in annoyance.
"It makes me sick just by thinking of Umbridge and her decrees," the brunette signed. She hid the face in the palms of her hand, her eyes only visible. Hermione began chuckling at the girl's comment.
"You know it's alright to talk bad about her, I mean who doesn't" "She's nothing but a foul, lying, twisting old gargoyle" Hermione blurred out. Both of the girls laughed at each other's expressions, they both covered their mouths and tried to muffle their laughs.
Evelyn raised her eyebrows and looked at her friend, chuckling and hitting her shoulder both knowing she was right.

-

Dumbledore's Army hid practicing again inside the wall of the Room of Requirements. It had become more of a routine for the students at Hogwarts, they all knew what they were getting themselves into. Umbridge seemed to have suspicions of an organization being held at Hogwarts and made Filch watch over the students. Sitting and staring at the giant brick wall daily trying to catch any students.
She soon came up with her decree and stated that those wishing to join the inquisitorial Squad would receive extra credit for signing up.

"Expelliarmus!" The Ravenclaw girl mouthed once again, and the wand in Ron's hand whipped out of his hand onto the floor. Evelyn smiled at her success, and Ron gave her a thumbs up. She looked at the boy and stared at him, Again.
"One more time, and then it's my turn" he understood as he picked up his wand. Harry stood on the opposite side of the room and stared at both of them from afar.
"Expelliarmus!" yelled out Neville, this time he was successful in doing so, the Parvati twins went up to him and congratulated him, and everyone gathered around Neville.
"You've done it Neville" smiled Harry at his friend, the other boy looked shocked at himself, not believing himself right now.

"So that's it for this lesson" announced Harry, all the students gathered in a circle.
"Now, we're not gonna be meeting again until after the holiday" The students sighed in disappointment, and so did Evelyn she was having fun.
"So just keep practicing on your own as best as you can, and well done, everyone, great work"
"Well done mate" Ron whispered to his friend.
"Thanks" the boy smiled proudly.

Soon the students began leaving one by one, waving their goodbyes and wishing the trio a good holiday. Evelyn was one of the last, she gathered her things and was blocked off by a presence, Harry.

"You did amazing today," he said, the girl began blushing.
"Thank you and only because of you," she began writing.
"Umm, well I might as well say thank you" he giggled, he began scratching his head, messing his hair up a bit.
"Well I just wanted to say have a Happy Holliday since I won't see you after we come back" he sadly frowned at the girl.

"Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you Harry" The boy hugged her, taking her by surprise, he took a big sniff at her perfume and inhaled it slowly, she smelled like scented vanilla and strawberry, she smelled amazing thought Harry.
The girl parted away gave him another toothy smile, and began to hold his hand she slightly squeezed it before letting go.
She parted away from the boy a small smile plastered across the girl's face.

-

"Well, how was it," asked Ron, both he and Hermione sat on the couch listening to their friend about what happened earlier. Cho kissed Harry on the lips after everyone had left.
"Not good," Harry said.
"Not good?"
"What exactly happened, mate"
"She sort of went for it and kissed me, and I pushed her away immediately"
"But why would you do that, haven't you had a massive crush on her since last year, you were practically dreading being with her" exaggerated Ron. Harry on the other hand seemed puzzled, his thought couldn't be processed quite correctly. His thoughts seemed to be somewhere else, to someone else to be exact.

"It just didn't seem right"
"What do you mean?" asked Hermione.
"It's just when I kissed her, I didn't feel anything, it felt like just a normal kiss you know like it wasn't her whom I wanted to kiss, I don't feel that anymore for her Hermione... I-"he sat by the firepit holding onto his knees.
"Don't tell me..." Hermione began.
"It's not her who I want Mione"
"It's Evelyn isn't it," she gasped.
The boy nodded as he fixed his glasses, both of his best friends stood in shock giving each other glances.
"Harry, you can't be serious, I mean you barely know her, are you even sure?" Hermione asked.

"I know I don't know her as much as you do" "I know we haven't quite had the chance to talk to each other, but I can see it in her eyes, Mione, her hand gestures, she might not like me that way, but I'm determined to take my chances" "Maybe I'm liking her too fast" he went on.
"I see the way you look at her" splurted out Hermione. She stood up and sat next to her best friend. She sighed before she began speaking.
"It's ever since the first time I saw her when we got off the train, she looked so beautiful, and then again when I saw her in the middle of the night, she believed me about Cedric and Voldemort, she didn't even know me at all... she just knew. She made me believe that everything was going to be fine, she didn't even have to tell, I just knew it by the look in her eyes, she was different" the boy explained.
"It was her then?" "The morning after you had a nightmare of Voldemort, and you were all happy? She did that?" Hermione asked in shock. Both boys nodded.

Hermione threw a pissed glare at the redhead.'
"And you knew, and you didn't tell me?!" "I thought we were going to tell each other everything after one of us found out!" Hermione smacked the top of Ron's head. He groaned and slightly messaged the area.
"God Mione! I meant to tell but I promised him not to tell" The redhead rolled his eyes.
"It's fine" the girl rolled her eyes.
"But at least we know who has a crush on whom" Hermione teased, they spent their night teasing the Potter boy and all the times he would act weird around the Blackwood girl.
"But promise me Harry, take everything slow, she's not like everyone else and if you drop this on her like that, she might not even glance at you again" informed Hermione. She laid her head on his shoulder both staring at the fireplace " I promise I'll wait"