twenty

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | unmovable objects | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

real life | miami
the rivera house
- november 25th, 2021

SLIPPING HER PHONE into her pocket, Sophia let out a quiet sigh as she watched all of her extended family set up the Thanksgiving dinner table. Gabriel Rivera walked into the dining room, his eyes landing on his sister, "Hermanita, por favor, can you please grab the salad in the kitchen and bring it here?"

Giving her brother a nod, Sophia walked into the kitchen and quickly found the salad on the counter so she could leave the room. She was avoiding all conversation with her extended family until dinner, and only because she knew there was no escaping her nosy family members at dinner.

As she left the kitchen, Sophia passed the living room where her dad was sitting with her uncle, both of them reading something on the uncle's phone. Holding her breath, Sophia prayed it wasn't anything about her. It couldn't be. Why would her uncle find the Buzzfeed article or any of the gossip columns on her and Andrew?

The only people who would possibly know could be her brothers, but Sophia knew they wouldn't bring it up or else she would just bring up something from their lives.

"Relax," Sophia turned around to see her brother, Matias, leaning against the wall with a smirk. He pushed himself off the wall, taking his sister's side. "They're reading an article about Fútbol."

"Very on brand for them," Sophia replied with a small grin before going to walk into the dining room, but Matias stopped her. "What the hell?"

"I saw the Buzzfeed article, Sophia, and literally every other celebrity gossip website," Matias told her in a low voice.

"Congratulations Matias, you can use the internet in the year of 2021." Sophia whispered back.

"I am trying to help you, idiota," Matias warned her and both of the siblings rolled their eyes. "So you don't need my help? I can just go and tell Sergio and Gabriel that you were caught cuddling with a 40-year-old actor?"

"He's 38." Sophia replied.

"How is that all you have to say?" Matias asked in disbelief.

"So Sergio and Gabriel don't know?" Sophia questioned.

"No, I didn't tell either of them. Not even Sergio, he's a total snitch, he's would've gone blabbing to Gabriel." Matias reminded her. "He may be cooler then Gabriel, but he's still an older sibling."

"Thank you." Sophia whispered to her brother.

"Sophia, listen to me, you need to stop with this Andrew thing." Matias lectured her, shaking his head. "You're just making things worst for yourself in this family."

"Whatever, Matty." She rolled her eyes, trying to walk off again.

Matias rolled his eyes, grabbing his sister's arm. "Your platform is growing everyday. Next time you two get caught, I won't be able to hide it so easily, if at all. Our family cannot find out about this. Gabriel will be furious, and Mami and Papa– Oh my god, they'll be—"

"Disappointed in me?" Sophia cut him off and gestured to herself. "Surprise, surprise, Matias, they already are. They've been disappointed since I left home and chose not to go to college. I know they won't be happy by what I'm doing, but I'm happy. Andrew makes me happy."