𝟏𝟎. the vet

˗ˏˋ𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋'ˎ˗ ▂▂▂▂ 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚚𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰did you 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖑𝖞 just 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖜 up a 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑? ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 | ❛ THE VET ❜

----------------------

YOU HAD DECIDED to make an appointment at a different vet clinic, since you thought that the receptionist at the other clinic was being a bit too rude for your liking. Instead of driving to the small building with the rude receptionist inside it, you drove to a hospital that took care of both humans and pets. The receptionist who had picked up the phone when you called was extremely nice, saying that you'll have to visit an expertly-trained veterinarian named Nurse Darby. In your mind while parking in the parking spots the tall building offered, you practiced over and over in your mind to not call the nurse 'Ms. Barbie'.

"Alright kitties, we're here!" You cheered rather happily, despite knowing this might be your last time seeing them. You unbuckled your seatbelt and shifted in the driver seat to gaze down at the six cats who were huddled together in your back seat. Your smile fell when you saw their expressions.

They looked scared, lonely, frightened, and a tad bit sad. Except for Megatron who just looked mad. And, well, you couldn't guess the expressions on Soundwave's or Shockwave's face - but you could somehow tell they were a tad bit upset just by how their ears lowered. Lazerbeak let out a sad but soft hum.

You frowned too, suddenly feeling lost and confused. You had cared for these cats for what? One day? You shouldn't be feeling anything for them but joy, knowing that they'll find their families! So, what was holding you back?
Jealousy? No.

Anger? Maybe?

Sadness? A bit.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loneliness?
.

.

.

.

.

.

Yes.

You sighed sadly, your gaze falling to the floor of your car. You looked back up at the cats, finding them doing the same thing as they were all in their own thoughts.

"Okay, look," you started, causing them to prick their ears up and look at you hopefully. "As much as I hate your furballs-" you pointed to Knockout. "-and your fighting," you switched to Starscream. "-and your hungry belly," you glanced at Breakdown. "-and your - well, um - well, I guess your silence and I guess your cooperation, though I didn't really hate it," you cocked an eyebrow at a silent Soundwave and a blunt Shockwave. "-and you - especially you - your scratches and glares and hisses!-" you glared at Megatron who glared back.