𝟐𝟒. meeting the trio

˗ˏˋ𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋'ˎ˗ ▂▂▂▂ 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚚𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰did you 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖑𝖞 just 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖜 up a 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑? ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | ❛ MEETING THE TRIO ❜

----------------------

"No, not that one." You shook your head and squinted at the computer screen. Soundwave clicked one of the keyboard buttons, switching to the next slideshow. You sighed and shook your head once more. "Not that one, either. Or that one. Or that one. Oh, and definitely not that one."

"Ugh! What are you two even looking at?" Starscream groaned, waltzing over to where you sat on the couch, Soundwave sitting on the coffee table beside your laptop.

"We're trying to find me a job so I can work and pay these bills." You waved an absent hand over to the stack of mail, most of them being letters about overdue taxes and bills. For a while now, you had always been short on money, your too-generous self always giving out a dollar or two to homeless people - despite your money problems. If you didn't find a proper job soon, then you were going to be homeless, and the cats would be disappointed, as well as your family - wherever they are.

You've never told the Decepticats about your cash issues, because 1: they wouldn't care, and 2: they had their own problems to worry about. Soundwave did so much with trying to find acceptable and open jobs and spots in the small town of Jasper; and he even went far on out to hacking money in your bank account every once in a while when he thinks you aren't looking — and you appreciate it, really. But it was against laws and rules, and you needed to do this without help. At least, that's what your mind thought.

Starscream shifted his head to the side and studied the enormous stack, confused. He frowned. "Bills? As in money bills? Like the ones, and tens?"

"Not exactly." You turned away from your computer screen to beckon Starscream to approach you. Proudly, he did, easily sauntering towards your side, close enough to where he could purr softly and you could hear him. You gently brushed your fingers through his fur, and tried to find a way of explaining human-stuff. "For humans, we have this big government that requires certain things around the world. Bills is one of them. In order to keep this house I live in, in order to sleep at night, have electricity, running water, and those types of things — I have to pay bills. A way to pay bills is making money. And a way of making money is to get a job, to work. It's like a puzzle piece of some sort - everything has something that goes to a certain thing. Does...does that make sense?"

"I suppose?" Starscream cringed, and you laughed softly, making Starscream slightly blush, unbeknownst to you.

Soundwave pulled your attention away from Starscream and back towards the computer, to where your eyes widened in awe.