𝟐𝟓. fries, burgers, and a side of books

˗ˏˋ𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋'ˎ˗ ▂▂▂▂ 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚚𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰did you 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖑𝖞 just 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖜 up a 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑? ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | ❛ FRIES, BURGERS, AND A SIDE OF BOOKS ❜

----------------------

Yeah, your parenting skills were not that good. Well, in your opinion, you tried your best. Buying the children whatever they wanted including a whole bucket of fries and a row of burgers might not have been a good idea for their health. You just hoped they didn't tell their parents.

You and the kids were talking about school, life, and other things — you tried your best to change subjects whenever they would bring up your cats again, and so far, you were doing a good job keeping them distracted. Your cats, Soundwave, Starscream, and Knockout were sitting beside you on the booth, most likely dozing off from boredom or tuning out your conversation.

"And how old are you again!?" You asked, eyes wide as you stuffed your cheeks with more K.O fries. You didn't care if it was improper or not to talk with your mouth full, cause currently, you were having the time of your life talking with these hilarious children. They seemed to think the same thing as you, for their cheeks were full with burger bits and fries. They reminded you of chipmunks, or meerkats.

"12." Raf hummed, biting a piece off of his burger. Unlike Jack, Miko, and yourself; Rafael ate politely and always turned away whenever chewing. He reminded you of yourself when you were younger; in fact, they all did. "And a half."

"Wow." You muttered, eyes brightening. "You're 12 and you're in highschool? Fascinating!" Raf had just been talking about his high academic scores and how he managed to get into highschool rather than middle school. It made your jaw drop in awe at how intelligent Rafael was to the point where he could easily pass as an experienced hacker. "How'd you managed to do it?" You leaned in tentatively with a giddy smile.

"Well—" Before Raf could finish talking, Jack interrupted him.

"What I want to know is where did you get those cats of yours?" Jack snapped rather loudly, giving Raf a quick glare. The young boy recoiled back at the older's gaze and quickly looked down, making you and Miko share a glance. You quirked up a brow in confusion while inwardly you were worried. Your cat-commanders sensed your small amount of distress and awoken from their dazed odd state, their ears perked up. "What's their names? I don't think you answered that."

"Uhhhh..." you trailed off, pretending to chew your burger first. But while you chewed slowly, you were secretly panicking. Should you give the trio your cat's real names or tell them fake ones to get them off of your back? But what if you tell them fake names and they figure out you're lying somehow? Or the other way around?