Chapter 29 (UNAVAILABLE)

Diamond

She walked through her house as she heard the knocking on her front door. She wasn't expecting any company and didn't order anything, so was a bit confused on who it could be.

She checked the clock on her wall to see it was just barely ten in the evening.

That's weird.

She paused before she opened it. She looked through the peephole, and to her surprise, it was Chika. They hadn't been in touch for weeks, and she assumed they had mutually moved on. "Chika? Is that you?"

She waved. "Hey, Diamond. I'm sorry to be dropping on you like this. Can I come in?"

Diamond hesitated. "Is everything okay?"

She nodded, pushing her brown hair over her shoulder. "I don't mean to freak you out," she laughed, "sorry, I'll go." She stumbled when she attempted to turn around.

Diamond unlocked the door. "No, it's fine." She pulled the door inward and got a good look at Chika. She was taller. Thinner. Tanner. Thin brows. Intense but not unwelcoming look to her. Great at sex. "Come on in."

Chika paused as she passed Diamond and pressed a kiss to her cheek. Diamond tried not to give away that she was startled by the gesture. "What's going on, Chika?"

She sighed and made her way toward the front room, wavering from side to side as she did so. "We haven't talked in a while. I've missed you." She plopped down on the couch and offered a sweet smile. "I may also be a little drunk and impulsively got a ride here."

Diamond laughed and joined her, though sat opposite of her instead of to her side. "I wish I could say I've never done anything like that, but..." She made a cringing expression.

Chika leaned back, settling into the couch. "So, tell me why the ghosting."

Diamond scoffed. "A phone works two ways."

She flared her arms out in dramatic fashion. "Yeah, but I just made a grand gesture." The last word was a bit slurred.

"Two months late..."

She hiccuped and then laughed. "Okay, you got me there, Diamond."

Diamond shook her head at the drunken woman. "Yeah, I know I do."

"Should we...?"

"I don't think so."

She suddenly sat up. "Wait a second, have you met someone else?"

Diamond froze up.

Chika smiled in satisfaction, as though to say 'gotcha'. "I thought you seemed a little distracted the last couple of times. I know what it's like to be with someone and think of someone else. It sucks on both sides."

Diamond leaned forward. "I'm sorry, Chika, it wasn't fair to you."

She waved a hand of dismissal. "It's not like we were exclusive or anything, don't worry about it. Although," her face curled with mischief, making Diamond laugh, "I thought we had a really good time."