6. please, no more dinner plans

It actually took us two months learning the new ways of the world, along with how to use new laptops, phones, and pop culture stuff we "just had" to know.

Mikey and I were waiting for our manager Nicholas. He was the whole reason we were stuck here learning. Not that I'm complaining, but Mikey certainly was. We were given our own iphones. The first number we put in was Nate's. I tried messaging her, but her mom texted me that she was grounded for "finding two missing people without permission." So it'd be a while before we could talk again.

We haven't seen anyone from our "past." No one had visited us yet. But maybe it was for the best. In their defense, they haven't seen us in 15 years. But, it still hurt. Though, we were scared. We knew we could do a quick google search on our "former" band mates. But the whole idea of seeing them in their 40s was a feeling Mikey and I weren't ready to face.

We did know that our band broke up 10 years ago, a little after they released a "new" album. We listened to it and liked it of course. No bad blood, at least on my end. I knew that's what Gerard wanted. An album, a tour without me. I hope he's happier now. But other than that, we really know nothing about what happened to Frank, Gerard, and Ray. We knew about the whole Bob situation and honestly,  I never liked him. Smelled bad, and was uncomfortable to be around.

"y/n...."

Nicholas always had something up his sleeve.

"y/n...!!"

It'll be nice seeing him though, plus I can't wait to be out of here.

"Y/N!!!"

I must have been spacing out or something. I turned and saw Mikey trying to get my attention. "Uh, yeah?" He sighed and said, "I'm growing anxious waiting around. They said Nicholas would be here at 10:30! Do you know what fuckin' time it is?" I giggled at his frustration. "No, I don't" "It's fuckin' 10:37!"

I groaned and said, "He's probably running late, Mikey. Relax for a sec." I went up to him and patted his shoulder gently. Officer Allen walked in. "He's here." He said simply and walked out. Mikey finally relaxed. We grabbed our stuff and walked out to the parking lot.

"Well I'll be damned! It really is you guys!"

Nicholas was leaning up against what I guess is his car.  He looked older, but not too old. Mikey could tell I was a little scared because he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. Nicholas came up to us and gave us a big hug. He started tearing up a little. It was weird to say the least. He had never been the type to get all sappy and emotional. Maybe he missed us, maybe he changed, or maybe it was both?

Not long after we got in his car, we headed to wherever he was taking us. He spent the next couple minutes catching us up on his life. He had two kids and a nice wife. It was crazy to hear. But nonetheless, we congratulated him. "I've got big plans for you two! But don't worry I've called the banks and got all of your cards renewed and such, so we're gonna head to the mall so you two don't have to wear the same two outfits!"

We had sweats on that the police station "kindly" gave us to wear. Before we could say anything, he stopped at a red light and pulled two hats and sunglasses from the passenger seat. "Here, put these on. The public doesn't know you two have returned, but just to be on the safe side, we better try to hide you two until Ive decide it's time."

Nope he hasn't changed.

"Gerard has most of your stuff. Like your instruments, y/n's journals, ya know, personal stuff. But your parents have the rest." "Why does Gerard have that stuff?!" Mikey asked. "Yeah, why the fuck would you let him keep my personal belongings?!" He chuckled a little before he answered, "I know you guys had a hard time getting along with him way back then, but he's matured a lot when it comes to you two."