10. its not a diary its a journal

authors note
today is gerard's actual birthday so i made a new chapter in celebration! EVERYONE MUST CELEBRATE.

so i realized too late that in the timeline of the story, Gerard's bday was during mikey and
y/ns stay in the police station. but we're throwing that out the window for now because the end of the chapter doesn't really have anything to do with his birthday so relax? pretty please

anyways, enjoy 💋

——//——

Gerard was turning 46 today.

Mikey and I had already discussed and planned how to celebrate today. Gerard didn't want to do anything but "stay in." #boring

It was 4:29 am, and we were both towering over Gerard in his bed peacefully asleep. He looked so pretty.

I had a confetti popper in my hand, ready to pop. But, it was one of those big daddies ones. Mikey was silently counting down to the 30 minute mark. Once it finally reached there, we screamed,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I popped the confetti popper and we saw Gerard rise up terrified. Mikey and I almost pissed ourselves. We threw each other on his bed and gave him a huge hug. "Guys, thanks and all, but I wanna go back to sleeeepp." Gerard groggily said. Mikey nodded and bolted through the door, laughing manically. I smiled at Gerard once more and went to retreat back to my room when Gerard stopped me.

"y/n?" I turned to face him. "Yeah?" He hesitated but said, "Never mind, I'll tell you once it becomes a reasonable hour to be awake." I frowned, "Are you sure? If it's important-" "It is, but we both need sleep. Go on now, y/n. I'll talk to you soon, don't worry." I paused, sighed, and went on to go back to sleep.

But I couldn't sleep.

Whatever Gerard was going to talk about with me must be important. He even waited until Mikey left. Ugh, it was just eating at me. I decided to draw Gerard a portrait of himself for an extra birthday gift. I already got him a few things but none of them would be as personal as a drawing.

Time flew by and the sun came up. I kept working nonetheless. I didn't stop until Gerard walked into my room to "wake me up."

"How long have you been up?" He asked laughing to himself. I quickly folded the drawing and put it in the gift bag next to me. I turned to face him. "Since forever." He frowned and asked, "Did you get any sleep?" I got up, "Of course not! I couldn't stop thinking about what you were gonna tell me."

Gerard's face fell.

"What do you mean?" His tone was hushed. "I mean, you told me you wanted to tell me something important but it was too early." "That's all I said?" I paused, "Uh, yeah?" His whole manner changed. "Well it wasn't that important! Geez, I thought that was a crazy dream I had!" My jaw was on the ground.

We spent the day just the three of us having fun and doing whatever. Mikey and I gave our gifts to Gerard. He was never good at accepting gifts. He was usually too awkward for it. I could tell he liked my drawing though. I even got a hug from him.

Eventually it got late in the evening and we all retreated back to our rooms for sleep.

But again, I couldn't sleep. I had to know what sleepy Gerard wanted to tell me, and why fulling awake Gerard was so scared of me knowing. On a whim, I got up from my bed. I was in my pajamas, so it's not like i needed to change or anything. It was 10:57 at night.

Gerard's room was a few feet away from mine.

Once I approached his door I froze. Suddenly, I felt very self conscious. I was scared about what he was supposed to tell me. Could be anything. But maybe it would be for the better if I just didn't know? He must be tired or something too. Soon I found myself pacing back and forth in front of his door, thinkinh about my next move. Right when I was about to turn back, the door opened.