16. magenta couch

Nate gave me good advice. She told me to "confront my enemies." Not saying Mikey is my enemy but I do have to talk to him. She told me I should call him after our conversation. I was going to, but I got scared.

I just decided to drive home.

We released the tour dates and teaser videos later that day. Fans were going crazy and everything was sold out in a matter of minutes. Mikey and I were trending hashtags on twitter. Tons of people thought that mcr would only do this if we were back. But, there were also a few who were being "realistic" and said if we were back we would have said something about it.

Laugh out loud.

Tyler called me a half hour after the videos and dates came out. He told me that after my tour was over, he wanted to have a meeting with me and Josh. His whole idea was to have a twenty one pilots tour featuring me and I could sing some of my own songs, not just mcr songs. Or we could create some singles and see for the reaction is. I agreed that we could talk about it but I wasn't going to make any promises before then. He seemed to be satisfied with that.

I needed to tell Gerard.

He was in his office. Planning out outfits for the tour and finishing final details. I looked around the room to see where I could sit. I spotted a magenta couch in the corner. I snuck in the room and slowly sat down on it. "Gerard?" He jumped and turned his head fast at me. "Jeez, hon! When'd you get in here?" His accent was so cute. I let my back sink into the frame of the couch.  "A few seconds ago." He nodded and smiled at me. He turned back to his laptop and said, "What's up?"

I gave out a tired sigh.

"I met someone, kind of?"

He whipped his head back at me with a scared frown. His eyebrows were bushed together too. I realized that what I had just said made it sound like I was about to break up with him to with someone else. I sat up quickly and said, "No! Not like that! Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that Gee. I love you very much!"

His eyes widened.

Holy shit.

I've never said that to him before. I love him? I guess so. I mean, I must because it just came out? He smiled and his eyes dazed onto me. "I love you too." He whispered loud enough for me to hear. He stood up from his office chair and sat with me onto the magenta couch.

His smile didn't break.

"You know the band twenty one pilots?" He nodded and I took that as a "yes." He grabbed my hand and pulled it to lay on their thigh as he held it. "Well," I started, "I was driving with the radio on last night. And the drummer, Josh, was having an interview. He was talking about his band and Tyler, the singer. I dunno what possessed me to do it, but after I finished my call with you, I texted Nicholas for Tyler's number."

I mentally congratulated myself for remembering Tyler's name.

Gerard raised his eyebrow. "And uh, well, I wanted talk to him. I totally forgot that I wasn't even supposed to! He didn't even realize it was me! I had to send him a photo of me and everything. Well anyway, I told him a ton of what had happened since I became "missing" and what has happened afterwards. He was such a good listener too! It was so weird though, because he told me he was such a huge fan of me! He said that I was his idol growing up. Apparently I "inspired" him to actually pick up on the keyboard and play music."

I took a deep breath.

"What's even weirder is that when he was a teenager, I was an adult. And now he's older than me! Im only 27 and he's fucking 34!"

Gerard pulled me into his side. His grip on my waist tightened and he pressed long kisses into my hair. I looked up into his soft eyes and kissed him gently. I felt his lips curl into a small smile as he kissed me back. The entire time, I felt safe.

Eventually, I was pulled back into reality and knew I had to tell him the rest.

"He told me he want to collaborate with me. After our tour of course!" I heard him gasp to himself when I told him. It was silence after that. I hid my face in my hands to shield myself from his reaction. I was mortified.

"Hon, that's amazing!"

I slide one of my fingers across my covered face to have a small look at him. He was absolutely beaming. His smile was so wide and so proud that it almost intimidated me. I shook it off though. He pulled my hands away, cupped my face, and asked, "Is that what you were so worried about telling me?" I pouted. "Well, duh!" He giggled at me and kissed me again.

Soft and sweet. His lips felt like smooth velvet against mine.

"Well-" He continued, "I think that's amazing! I know how much music means to you. We really won't be doing too much as a band until after the reunion tour. I think? Plus their band is pretty good. I bet the two of you would sound amazing together! Not as amazing as us ya know?" He smirk at me and I was in total bliss. I really lucked out with Gerard.