7. not the green orbs

Nicholas explained his six year long plan of a reunion show for our band. "It will take place in California because duh and...."

He went on and on.

By that point everyone had made small conversation with themselves without Nicholas noticing. Everyone's food came out and we silently agreed Nicholas could survive if we started eating "without" him.

I looked around and really the only person who looked excited about the show was Frank. I found out he's basically an emo band pimp. Mikey looked almost bored. Ray looked slightly nervous but Gerard looked scared shitless. His hands were shaking slightly as he grabbed his glass of water. I couldn't help but stare.

It was weird to see him like this. Last time I did, we were in high school. I had the fattest crush on him but I was too chicken to ever tell him. Glad I didn't though, because once the band formed, he created a personal vendetta against me. By then, my crush faded away.

I was zoning out while blankly staring at him. I don't even think I was blinking. He looked so different. Not in a bad way, but definitely a weird one. He looked almost.... cute? Maybe it was because of how scared he looked, like how he did back in high school. When I first met him, he was a total dork, but that's what I loved most about him. He still was once we became adults, but he stopped showing that side of him to me.

His eyes were originally on his plate of half eaten food. Though, once he felt my burning, though unwarranted,
gaze, he turned his attention from the sad, almost bare, yellowish plate, to me. His body language was different, than before. It was obvious. But maybe, it was an act? My eyes twitched slightly as I slid my body slightly down into my chair, maintaining eye contact the entire time. After getting more comfortable, I gripped the armrests and turned my full attention to Nicholas.

He was saying something about how much people would go. He was really milking this whole situation. I put on my best poker face.

"Sure why not?" I spoke. I broke his whole presentation. He looked down at me and seemed almost shocked. I knew he thought I'd be the most difficult to crack.

"In my world, all I did for the past couple years is tour all the time. Same with Mikey. We had a 2 almost 3 month long break, it's not going to screw with us if we get back on the stage. It'd probably do the opposite."
My eyes were wide. Not with shock, or fear, but more with superiority. I wanted to surprise them. Mikey seemed to catch on, relaxed and said, "Yeah, I agree. You have 2 two votes for the show."

He turned to me and smirked. We were excited for the first time in a while. We lived, breathed, and so much more on stage. It was our territory, something we were extremely familiar with and had tons of recent practice with.

Eventually everyone agreed, though Gerard was last. He seemed terrified. It made me feel bad for him. I suddenly realized that this wasn't the Gerard I should be mad at. Even if I tried, I couldn't stay mad at him. It dawned on me that he most certainly wasn't putting on an act to have the upper hand on me. He changed.

He looked back at me and smiled softly. My heart rate increased.

no...

this

can't be happening.

Without thinking, I slowly pushed the table to move my chair to created distance between the two. I robotically got up. I eyed around the room without moving my head for the magical word "restroom." All eyes were on me. Once I saw it, I dashed to the doors, forced the closest stall open, got on my hands and knees and violently vomited into the toilet.

I vomit when I get overwhelmed. And I was extremely overwhelmed. It was the first time I had done this since Mikey and I screwed with that board game. Since it'd been a while, it hurt way worse than the the times before. I heard rushed footsteps growing stronger. I sighed in relief.