24. the van

authors note-
so, i should have planned this out better but what can i say? anyways i changed the age y/n's
age in 2004 to 20, making her 17, 2001. for a quick timeline of the bullets era, Gerard's the oldest, followed closely by Ray, they're both in college and 19. then Mikey, Frank, and y/n are all in their senior year. It's about december in 2001. also, i know this is not the actual timeline and they were a few years older and it doesn't actually make sense but this is my first time writing something like this, so im sorry! let's just pretend and love gerard way as a community *heart eyes*

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

Everyone was kinda creeped out. We really looked... young. I sighed. I was in between Frank and Mikey, behind was Gerard and Ray. Mikey had his eyes closed and was leaning against the window next to him. I felt so uncomfortable. I decided on tuning everyone out. I needed to think. I was slowly calming myself down until we hit a small bump on the road. It kind of made me hit my head against the headrest of my seat.

I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing my head and...

holy shit.

I looked around. I was in a shitty van. Mikey looked the same, I looked the same... but when I turned to see Frank, he looked like when he did at 17? 18ish? I quickly turned around and saw Ray and Gerard. They were 19 again?!? They looked at me funny, I guess it was because I was looking at them with wide eyes and an open mouth. I slowly turned around and gripped whatever I could. I couldn't breathe. How could anyone in this situation.

I shook Mikey, he slowly looked at me pissed, then he saw what I saw. He was not a low key about his shock about seeing everything. "You fuckin' stoned, Mikes?" Frank laughed. I didn't say anything, and neither did Mikey. We both knew what this was. It was another result of the board game, hopefully one that wouldn't last long.

Our silence confused the guys. They all started asking us if we were okay and what was our deals, all meant to be teasing. Although back then I would have played along, definitely not right now. I gotta think.

So, this is... late 2001? I'm 17, so I'm about to turn 18, Mikey 18. We're both seniors? Frank... I think he is 17 too, he's gonna turn 18 before me though. That means Gerard and Ray are 19. They're both in college.

Okay...?

We must be going to a show or something. If i'm recalling correctly, I think this is our first one. You know what, I'll just ride this nightmare out. There's not much else I can do.

"Well anyways, are you and Mikes gonna go to prom?"

Huh? I turn and see Frank, he's waiting for my answer. "Oh um, yeah we're planning to... you're going right?" Frank nods and smiles. Right, seniors. "Who are you planning on taking?" I ask. "My girlfriend, duh! You and Mikes gonna go together?" We did. We were each other's dates, even though it was more of a platonic thing. Something ate at me though. I feel like... seeing what would happen if I changed some stuff. "Oh, um... nah. I mean, we'll go together but not as a couple." Frank nodded, "You need a date? 'cause I know someone interested?" Oh? Present Gerard told me he's liked me for a while by this point... but, this Gerard thinks Mikey and I are a thing to be. I think it's Gerard; who else could it be?

"Who would that be?" I asked, trying to pretend like k had no idea who it was. Right when Frank opened his mouth to speak, I felt a gentle, but hurried, tap on the back of my shoulder. I turned around and saw Gerard. I froze when I really got a good look at him. He was so.... pretty? He's always been pretty but there's something about him. He use to cross dress to class, pretending go be a chick. This was that version of him. I remember one time where I was spending the night with Mikey and I had to use the bathroom late at night. Gerard must have gotten home late from his commute from up north. He didn't hear nor see me as they walked in the bathroom I was about to go into. I saw them though. Gorgeous was an understatement. Dressed up in an artsy black dress, with his hair pinned down, pastel makeup with a bold red lip.

Now that I think about it, in this time, that was last week?!?! Gosh, my knees buckled for them at that moment. That made me really fall hard for Gerard. After that, it wasn't a simple teenage crush, I was slowly becoming in love with him. I don't think I ever told him I saw him like that, maybe because it would embarrass him... but he was so beautiful to me. I dunno... there's just always been something about-

"y/n?"

Oh right, Gerard's talking to me. Gotta act... natural?

"Yeah?"

"Um... do you... do ya still have um..."

"....do I still have what?"

"Will you need a ride to uh... prom and shit?"

Mikey and I took the public bus to prom. But not anymore.

"Yeah, we'll need one.... thanks Gee."

Btw Happy Holidays <3