Chapter III: Like a Charm

Goten rummaged through his book bag as he followed Trunks up the stairs. He searched over journals and loose notebook paper, eventually groaning when he realized what he was looking for wasn't there. "Shit," he exhaled, "I left my computer in my locker." He mentally cursed his psyche, knowing if he didn't complete his practice questions he'd absolutely bomb the physics test tomorrow.

Trunks opened the door to his bedroom. "Just log into your account on mine." The Sayian threw his keys on his dresser before kicking his shoes off. "You hungry? I can have one of the chefs fix us a snack?"

Goten shook his head, closing the door behind him. "No, thank you. If I eat now I won't be hungry at dinner." He said, shrugging his backpack off his shoulders, while removing his shoes. He frowned upon seeing the near-empty bottle of Vodka on Trunks' nightstand.

The older Sayian threw himself onto the bed, soon joking, "Alright then. But when your stomach is growling in .5 seconds don't come crying to me."

Goten chuckled. He plopped down on the empty side of the bed. "You wouldn't let your exhausted boyfriend starve though, would you?" He batted his big brown eyes, strategically throwing an arm over the forgotten prince's waist.

Trunks' heart pitter-pattered. Goten's puppy dog eyes were always his weakness; Always working like a charm. They held more love than the world could possibly give, beautifully so. "Of course I'd never let you starve, dummy." He caressed the younger's cheek, admiring the tiny acne bumps forming. "If you starved to death, who would be here to put away my laundry?"

Goten dramatically gasped, slapping the teen in the chest. "Don't be a bigot." He reprimanded. As it was the Omegas traditional role to be a housewife, he found the joke a bit tasteless. He did, however, crack a grin when Trunks erupted into a fit of laughter. He always loved the sound of his laugh, mainly because he didn't get to hear it enough.

"Sorry, I just had to say it." Trunks then kissed his forehead. "If anything I'd have one of our robo-maids put it away. You're too good for that shit."

Goten smiled. He laid his head on Trunk's broad chest and intertwined their fingers. "I don't think I'm too good for anything," he blushed, "but thank you."

The lavender-haired boy hummed. Inwardly, he disagreed. He wasn't sure if he was biased, but Trunks genuinely thought Goten was too good to even walk this Earth. An angel, who was born Omega for a reason, and Trunks often thought that reason was due to his kind soul. His soft spirit couldn't handle the aggressive nature of an Alpha's body.

Running his free hand through Goten's hair, Trunks couldn't help but chuckle. "You know, you almost have a mullet now. Has Chi-Chi finally given up on getting it cut?"

"Yeah." Goten snickered. "I don't fight her on much, but my hair is an argument I'm not willing to lose." His eyes slowly closed, adoring the way Trunks caressed his mane. A light purr built in his throat as he nuzzled his boyfriend's bonding gland.

Spending time with Goten was like magic at times. It amazed Trunks how a loving purr and a small display of affection could make a horrible hangover disappear. A strong rumble began to build in his chest, and the powerful scent of happy Omega quickly wafted through the room.

Nonchalantly, Trunks raised Goten's wrist to his sight line. He moved cautiously, not wanting to alarm the comfortable teen. Yet, when he saw the fresh, red wounds running horizontally across his skin, the rumbling in his chest ceased. He sighed. "You've been cutting again."

Goten's happy scent immediately went sour. He opened his eyes, paling as he watched Trunks observe his wrist. He quickly relocated his arm. "It's... cat scratches. From volunteering at the shelter."