Chapter XII: Insane

Goten trudged into second period. Head hung low, he watched his black Hey Dudes swipe across the dirty tiles. Back to another day of absolute hell, he thought. He laid the World History textbooks he was toting on his desk, then quietly sat. He yanked the hood of his hoodie over his spiky hair and buried his face in his arms.

The omega tensed as a small cramp wafted over his lower abdomen. He groaned, squeezing his eyes shut. Two days after his heat peaked, he was, unfortunately, cleared to return to school. Light contractions were common following a rough heat, but most omegas could cope with the aftershocks.

Nonetheless, Goten felt horrible. His throat was like the desert, he continued to produce tiny amounts of unnecessary slick, and still felt a strong desire to be bred. Of course, he could control those symptoms now, but he would rather be at home while battling aftershocks. He wanted his knotting toy, and would like to sleep some more, but most importantly he wanted his mom holding him close.

Casual chitter-chatter his peers engaged in promptly became white noise. Usually, he'd engage with his classmates and gossip about talk of the city. However, Goro practically made him a social pariah after their parking lot brawl. The principal's son had been spreading nasty rumors about Goten's "inability" to say 'no', and how the "slutty fag" would do anything under the sun for a bit of cash— which was far from the truth.

When Goten first heard of the rumors, he flat out ignored them. If he gave Goro any attention, then matters would only get worse. Yet, with the bully's popularity status, his lies spread like wildfire from student to student. Within three days of the convoluted fib's assembly, Goten had experienced enough humiliation to last him a lifetime. He was spat at, tripped, shoved into gym lockers, and embarrassingly had to scrub 'Goten Son ♡'s felching' from his desk in English. It was mayhem and evil personified.

Luckily, he'd managed to avoid Goro so far. Using his ki, the raven-haired teen specifically scanned for his energy anytime he rounded a corner. If it came down to it, Goten knew he could easily beat him to a pulp. But he didn't want that. He didn't want a bully to win by seeing that side of him.

Abruptly, the hairs on the back of his neck stood tall. "I can sense you standing behind me, Mai." The half-Sayian disclosed, keeping his head buried in his folded arms. A light giggle filled his ears, which ultimately caused him to smile modestly.

"I'll get you one day." The normal adolescent declared, taking her regular seat beside Goten. "All you Sayians are so cocky. It'll definitely be your downfall."

Goten raised his head to turn to his friend. Mai ran in the same circle with Trunks and him back in their pre-teen days. Her oval, jet black eyes always gleamed with mischief. She had the same enormous smile she wore since childhood, and never failed to raise one eyebrow when something struck her fancy. "Isn't that my beanie I've been missing since last year?" He questioned, noticing the green hat placed on her head.

Mai grinned as she unpacked her textbooks. "Well you never exactly asked for it back." She pushed her bangs to the side while she straightened her posture. "Besides, I think it looks better on me. Fits my face well."

"If you think so."

Mai snickered as she opened a journal. The omega quickly wrote the date while asking, "Did your heat go okay? Any complications?"

Goten shrugged, tugging at his hoodie's sleeves. "Went okay, I suppose." He rested his cheek on his fist, exhaling heavily. "Still feeling some cramps and—"

"What the hell, Goten?"

Goten jumped when two hands slammed on his desk. He looked into a pair of fiery brown eyes, and was shocked to see who had approached him. "Valese." He mumbled.