iii. PLANET LOSER & PLANET EW

CHAPTER III:

( planet loser & planet ew )

"SHIT."

      Ethan only stared at the girl in front of him. Ears, though covered by the odd helmet he wore, turned a hibiscus pink quickly. From the doorway of the room, Chad would be seen with the worst grimace on his face that anyone would ever see and he had to force himself to look away from the scene to avoid any more secondhand embarrassment. She hadn't told them what her costume would be.

"Did you need something?" Sakadi said, voice raised over the music and brows furrowed.

Ethan's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish as he was astounded that he had thought Kade was a completely different girl. And was into her.

The designer stared at him, the multicolored lights complimenting her features in different ways and she continued to sway slightly to the new song playing over the party. "Hello?" she questioned, "Ethan, what?"

Finally, he stopped gaping at her. "I- uh- Callum was looking for you," he lied jabbing his thumb behind him.

Kade's lip upturned and her brows furrowed. "Are you sure?" she asked as if he were stupid.

The heat in the boy's face had calmed and he was put back into reality. "Obviously," he assured.

"So you weren't going to tell me how amazing my costume looks and how great I look in it?" Kade swiped a bit of her hair that had fallen over her shoulder and her pearly teeth shone again.

Ethan scoffed. She definitely wasn't some dream girl. "Self-obsessed much?" He tilted his head slightly, eyes daring.

"Loser much?" The girl matched his tilted head and crossed her arms over her chest, rings on display. "It's called being self-assured and confident, maybe you need a few lessons?" She batted her eyes in feigned interest.

Another scoff. The curly-haired boy poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue and shook his head. "You know you don't have to be a smart ass all the time, right? It's okay to be tolerable."