vii. PICK UP THE PHONE

CHAPTER VII:

( pick up the phone )

"HELLO, SAKADI."

THE VOICE BROUGHT A CHILL THROUGH SAKADI RENAUX'S VEINS AS IT BLED INTO HER EARS. She secluded herself in the conveniently empty restroom as Chad remained without message to her. She hung up as soon as her name left the caller's mouth, rolling her eyes not wanting to be sold any products or get scammed out of money she didn't have.

      Kade leaned against the long line of marble sinks and then her phone rang again. No Caller ID once more. She denied it. The tapping of her foot echoing in the dull room while she impatiently awaited for her friend to finish his business next door. Another phone call. This time she answered.

      "I don't want whatever you're selling, I won't give you my bank account number, or my social security, or my address." She was quick to diminish any chance of further irritation for herself. "If that covers all that you were wanting to beg off of me, have a nice day."

      "You know it's rude to ignore a call when you see your phone is ringing?"

      She scoffed wishing the caller could see her irritation and disinterest. "What? No hello? Good morning? Let me take your money while I say big words I don't think you'll understand?"

      The caller tsked her words and Kade found herself wishing Chad would've held out until they got home. "Such a smart girl, Sakadi," the raspy voice cooed. "And I don't doubt you know all the big words I do. After all, there was a reason you were so fitted for majoring in Political Science, wasn't there?"

      She quickly hung up at this. Few knew why she switched majors when she was accepted into Blackmore University aside from it being a "realization for true talents".

A text message appeared on her screen. Finally, Chad was wondering where she had gone off to.

      Chad: where the hell did you go?? I was gone for like 5 minutes