viii. SLEEPOVER

CHAPTER VIII:

( sleepover )

     LATER THAT NIGHT, SAKADI LAY ON THE ROYAL BLUE SOFA IN HER SHARED LIVING ROOM, LEGS HANGING OFF OF THE EDGE, AND ATTENTION OCCUPIED BY HER NEW DESIGN SKETCHES

LATER THAT NIGHT, SAKADI LAY ON THE ROYAL BLUE SOFA IN HER SHARED LIVING ROOM, LEGS HANGING OFF OF THE EDGE, AND ATTENTION OCCUPIED BY HER NEW DESIGN SKETCHES. Her hair had been braided into two messy space buns, a university t-shirt draped on her torso, and polka dot shorts. Peak fashion. Callum had to step out of the room for a moment with a phone call so she was left to her own devices. Then her phone lit up with a message from Anika.

      Anika <3: sleepover at chads? we're gonna watch some scary movies in our pjs to get in the halloween spirit

Kade <3: 100%. cal's otp but i'll force him to come when he's done

Anika <3: ...i'm not even gonna say it

Kade <3: GOOD
      Kade <3: ...did they clean?

      Anika <3: yk they probably didnt

      Kade <3: one day cals gonna hire a cleaning service without telling them so someone will actually clean it

Sitting up from her sleep-ready position on her back, Kade swung her legs over the side of the couch and shut her sketchbook with the pencil keeping tab of her page. The warm lights of their lamps near the sofa and tv provided her light that the sun no longer could as she made her way into her room to gather a few things to sleep over.

      She heard Callum's door close most likely done with his phone call. Kade poked her head out of her open door to see him pocketing his phone. "Who was that?" she asked.

      "My mom," he grimaced. "She wants to come to visit and stay for a week."

      "Y'know what's gonna make you feel better?" The girl grinned widely from ear to ear. Callum made a face at her and she took that as her sign to go on. "The sleepover downstairs that we are both one hundred percent already going to in a few minutes."