vi. CALL DENIED

CHAPTER VI:

( call denied )

( call denied )

     VOGUE MAGAZINES PLASTERED ON MULTIPLE WALLS, pin cushions in every direction, a six-story shoe rack on the wall farthest from the door, purple y2k animal print bed sheets, and a sleeping beauty long gone in her dreams—Sakadi was fast asleep i...

VOGUE MAGAZINES PLASTERED ON MULTIPLE WALLS, pin cushions in every direction, a six-story shoe rack on the wall farthest from the door, purple y2k animal print bed sheets, and a sleeping beauty long gone in her dreamsSakadi was fast asleep in her bed and her phone was ringing. Loudly.

Her door burst open as soon as her right eye even had the chance of fluttering open and there stood Callum in his boyish pajamas, dinosaur shorts, and a plain white t-shirt that was slightly twisted on his torso, a gift from Anika just a few months ago for his twentieth birthday.

Sakadi rolled over onto her side from laying on her side with her hair sprouting all over the place.

      "For the love of God, answer your phone!" he groaned at the sound of her pestering ringtone of some upbeat song that was far too happy for the time of the morning it was. "If I have to hear that Shakira song one more time, I'm gonna burn your Jennifer costumes."

Unfazed, she rubbed her eyes. "No, you won't."

Sleepless Callum rolled his eyes at her response. "No, I won't, they're art, but please answer the phone."

      Kade sat up with a perfectly manicured thumbs up to her roommate and he close the door behind him silently. She clicked on her cell phone and peered at the screen. Three missed calls from Chad. The girl pressed on his contact, it rang for a moment and then Chad's voice was on the other line.

      "Finally you answer me."

      The olive-skinned girl checked the time on her digital clock on her bedside table. Eight in the morning.

      "Are you ready to go? I'm just about to leave?" He asked and a ruffling movement was heard on the other end along with muffled conversations. "I'm going to the gym with Kade, go back to sleep." Sakadi supposed he was talking to Ethan. Then his words sunk into her skin. Gym. Shit.