Chapter 33

Authors's pov

As soon as ishita fainted, Ekansh picked her up and went to the hospital. As he don't wanna take any risk. Ashish and aditya also accompanied him.

Docters immediately attended her and told them to wait outside. Meanwhile, adi informed everyone about the happenings. Everyone was shocked would be an understatement. Devansh could not believe that his best friend whom he believed more than anyone, is the one who backstabbed him, tried to harm his family, not only that he also killed his own wife whom Devansh considered his sister.

The most devastated and effected person in all this fiasco was ashish. Though he maintained a straight face for his friend and sister. But only he knows how much broken he is now. He became totally emotionless.

On the other hand Ekansh's condition was no better.He was staring blankly at the wall.One side he was suffering from the betrayal of the person whom trusted most, his idol, on the other side, his wife and child is in danger because of that person.

They all are in their own world thinking this when the doctor came and broke their trance. In the cue their family also came there. Ekansh stood up and went towards the doctor.

Ekansh - Doctor, how is my wife? And how is my baby? What happened? Why my wife fainted? Pls answer me.

Doctor - please calm down Mr. Malhotra. I can understand your condition. But in this critical situation you have to be strong and calm enough to take a decision. See I will not give you false hope.

Your wife had been drugged. And it's harmful for both baby and mother. So we have to perform surgery and take out the baby before it go out of hand. But there is a risk as for the effect of the drugs your wife can go into coma. We will do our best to take out the baby safely, but there is a risk too as it is pre mature. So please sign this papers and pray to God. You know miracle happens.''

Saying this the doctor patted his shoulder and left. Ekansh was feeling like the world has crashed upon him. Just by thinking may be he can lost his wife and baby, he could feel his soul leaving his body.

He took a step back but before he fell someone held him. He looked up and saw his dad.

''Dad, my baby, my ishu...if something happens to them I will die dad. I cannot live without them. '' he was saying and tears started falling from his eyes. Soon he broke down in his father's arms.

''No cheeku, you have to be strong. Everything gonna be fine. God can never do such cruel thing to us. Nothing will happened to them. Stay strong my child. '', Devansh said controlling his own tears seeing his breaking down.

Soon the nurse came with the papers and Ekansh signed them with trembling hand.

Hours passed. Everyone was waiting with baited breath. They all were praying for both the mother and baby.

Ekansh was sitting with his eyes on the OT door and his mind he is only praying to the Almighty. 'Please God, I will never ask you for anything but please save my wife and my baby. I couldn't live without them. Please God.'

After felt like hours the doctor came out. Seeing the doctor ever5 rushed to him but before everyone started firing question the doctor said,
''Congratulations Mr Malhotra, it's a boy. And your wife is fine too. Though we didn't expect her to survive with this harmful drug with the baby but she turns out to be a fighter. She tried her best. And as I said miracles happens.''

Ekansh took a breath of relief and thanked the Almighty for saving his lifelines. Everyone was relieved now.

''Can we meet them doctor? '', asked Ekansh