Preview

──────────────────────────

"R2? Where are you?" Young Evelyn called out for her dear friend as she walked past the people that stood there.

She stopped when she strode inside a room which seemed to be filled with fixed and unfixed things.

"Damn it." Evelyn muttered as she looked around. She sighed and turned around to walk out but then a voice stopped her.

"Looking for something?"

Evelyn furrowed her brows as she turned around and was met with a boy around her age, standing next to a wall.

He had blond hair and blue eyes that were sparkling like the ocean. Evelyn never saw him around.

The brunette hesitated before she opened her mouth. "Who are you?"

"I'm Anakin, what's your name?" He didn't hesitate which Evelyn found impressive.

"I'm Evelyn." The girl spoke after she let a second pass by not knowing him personally.

"I think I know you?" —Anakin— guessed to which Evelyn rose her brows with.

"You do?" She asked, suspiciously.

Anakin nodded as he stared at her in thought. "You're Padmé's younger sister. Is it not?"

The girl was speechless at first, not knowing how to answer that but he was right so she hesitated a nod. "Yeah... how did you know that?"

The boy grinned as he shrugged. "I met her just a day before." Evelyn nodded at that. "When I saw her I thought she was an angel."

That made Evelyn go surprised as she stared at him. "Really?"

He hummed in response. "But now that i just met you, had me thinking that you were something more than an angel."

The way Anakin told Evelyn those things made her suspicious. She had never heard anyone talk to her the way he did.

And she liked that.

"Like what?" She asked him.

Anakin dragged his eyes down in thought as he tried to think of something he imagined Evelyn more as an angel.

What was it that he found something more in her than an angel but couldn't said it straight? There he was guessing it now.

"A spirit."

Evelyn blinked in surprise as she slowly let the smile form on her lips, staring at him. He wasn't kidding, was he?

"Evelyn!?" Her mother's distant voice called out from outside as the girl turned her head from that direction.

"Is that your mother?" Anakin's innocent voice asked her as Evelyn turned back to him.

"Yes. She's searching out for me. I need to go." She turned around to leave.

"Will I ever see you again?" He asked her a little hope in it.

That made Evelyn slowly smile as she turned her head to look at him. "Sure. Sure you will."

Then, she turned and left, not knowing that they were actually not going to see each other for another ten years.

──────────────────────────