9- A loved one

──────────────────────────

THERE EVELYN STOOD IN HER ROOM IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR, WATCHING HERSELF WITH HER SHINING DRESS THAT PADMÉ BOUGHT HER.

Which was for her wedding. Padmé's and Anakin's wedding.

Evelyn didn't know how to feel. But she kept the promise that her and Anakin made. If they made it out alive, then there was nothing in between them except friendship or partnership.

Because Anakin mostly was after Padmé.

And Evelyn was never going to judge. Because she understood and accepted it.

Evelyn sighed at her own thoughts as she was watching herself in the mirror and dazed off until the door opened.

"Ma'am?" She snapped out of her gaze and turned to face the housekeeper that smiled at her. "It's time." Evelyn breathed in as she postures herself and walked towards the woman that admired her. "You look wonderful."

Evelyn smiled shyly. "Thank you."

When she stepped out to the balcony, that's when she saw the two holding hands and smiling at each other.

Evelyn walked to R2 and 3PO that stood there, watching. When she stopped by the two that's when another compliment was stated.

"Wow, Evelyn! My goodness, you look like an angel." 3PO examined making Evelyn sigh a smile and look at the Robot.

"Thank you, 3PO." R2 was the next one which she smiled next at. Anakin and Padmé had turned their heads to admire the sister which Evelyn found kinda uncomfortable. She didn't like dresses.

"I'm proud of my own sister. You'll never disappoint me, Eve." Padmé smiled.

Evelyn forced a smile and suddenly had drifted her eyes to those blue ones that were watching her. She sensed something but ignored it immediately by looking away until the pontifex —Maxiron— arrived with his book and stood between the two as he read out the lovely and gently words to the lovebirds.

Then, the two were gestured to hold hands and lean in for a long and peaceful kiss. Evelyn that watched, had no expression on her face but tried to be happy that her sister was now married.

And that's all that mattered.

═════ ◈ ═════

It was midnight after the whole wedding day. Evelyn felt exhausted and was relieved that she was out of that dress that had compliments on her way.

She didn't care if a dress looked good on her, but like she said, she didn't like dresses on her.

There she laid on her bed, clearly not able to sleep as she was watching the curtains blow around by the fresh wind and the moon shining down on her face.

Fun fact, the moon was the favorite thing happening to Evelyn. She loved the moon as much as the sun. She didn't admire the sun 'cause nighttime was the only actual time she could really enjoy and experience.

Her eyes started to slowly close by how the moon was distracting her until her senses of a bad feeling rose up to her as she sat up until cries were heard.

Evelyn breathed as she stood up and grabbed her lightsaber from her closet and ran out to the cries that were getting closer by each steps she took.

It was coming from Padmé's and Anakin's new room that they began sharing together for the first night as she held onto the doorway and stopped until she couldn't believe her eyes that were about to pop out.

There it was. Anakin holding Padmé that was not waking up. Completely weak. Anakin sobbed and held tightly onto her body until Evelyn sensed it.

Death.

Evelyn's head was empty and she was all along speechless. Watching her partner holding someone that she thought she couldn't lose at this one day of getting married.

That's when her eyes watered as she leaned against the doorway in case to get held in her feet as her knees had gotten weak. In complete shock. And Evelyn knew at that moment that she was tired of everything.

'Cause now. She was all by herself to be close to. No more sister bonding and no more spending times. Just her.

BOOM!
Anyway, wait for the next review for the sequel of the second Star Wars Chapter on this book!
─────────────────────────────

BOOM! Anyway, wait for the next review for the sequel of the second Star Wars Chapter on this book! ─────────────────────────────