7- Geonosis

──────────────────────────

EVELYN HAD NEVER EXPECTED ANAKIN TO JUST ARRIVE THE NEXT MORNING THAT HAD THE GIRL LEFT WORRIED.

There he arrived as he slowed his speeder with a body wrapped and covered around in sheets was carried by Anakin.

He stepped out of his speeder and walked past them as he looked downbeat Cliegg giving him a silent, angered look and passed it to Owen and Beru too as he walked past Evelyn without a glance.

Evelyn's heart broke as she watched. She knew there was not much to hope for but it was good enough for him to have saved his mother.

Just as he walked inside, Evelyn turned her head by her shoulder but hesitated to look at the rest as she walked after Anakin.

═════ ◈ ═════

Evelyn was glad that Beru had clothes. The best part was that Beru had a very nice suit that she had Gifted Evelyn. She didn't feel comfortable in dresses since she was not much of a dresser.

Evelyn made her way to the mechanic room as she held a tray with food and a drink, spotting Anakin fixing something.

She stared at him as she stopped. "I brought you something." Anakin didn't look up as he kept fixing his shifter. "Are you hungry?"

"The shifter broke." Anakin said, answering a different respond to her question. "Life seems so much simpler when you're fixing things." Evelyn seemed to get it as she placed the tray on a food spot to place on. "I'm good at fixing things. Always was. But I couldn't—" Anakin stopped as he looked up to Evelyn with anger. "Why'd she have to die? Why couldn't I save her? I know I could have!" He walked away for a moment.

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." Evelyn spoke up. "You're not all powerful, Ani."

"Well, I should be!" He rose his voice in anger and emotion with such disappointment filling it. "Someday I will be. I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!" That's when he added by turning to her. "I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying."

Evelyn felt offended as he said that. "Anakin."

"It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's jealous! He's holding me back!" He shouted as he threw the screwdriver across the room as it clattered.

Anakin turned his back to her as he sniffled. "What's wrong, Ani?"

It was giving Anakin a good feeling and chills down his spine as Evelyn called him that. It was unexpected for her to call him by that nickname too but he was the one calling her Evie, right?