Epilogue

11 months later...

I was sitting on my couch watching Mean Girls in my lonely apartment while chomping down on some buttered popcorn I had just microwaved. A lot had happened since the life-defining roadtrip.

Luke and I are now officially together! WOOO! We actually made it official 6 months ago but kept it a secret until now. The thing is, it was difficult to finally come to a relationship label that felt right for us. To most people, we would avoid the confrontation and just lie to say that we were engaged - to which everyone would congratulate us and sometimes we would even earn a free bottle of champagne as a trophy to signify our 'ever evolving romantic love'. BUT the real label we had settled on was a 'Queer Platonic Relationship' (also known as a QPR).

Being in a QPR was great because it challenged our perspectives on how love can reshape itself. We were in a committed platonic relationship where we also would makeout and fuck sometimes. It was perfect for us and we still very much had strong emotions towards each other.

Honestly, we didn't care how others perceived us or our relationship, all we cared about was making each other happy and comfortable. That's how all healthy relationships should be like - happy and comfortable.

I still was working as a sex worker and I still loved my job, ever since I had gotten a good review from an anonymous donor - suddenly everyone wanted my services. Who was the anonymous donor? Well... it was fucking Lukas Hammington from the band 5 Seconds of Summer. I found out from Ashton that Calum had spilled the beans about my OnlyFans to him in pure anxiety while they had met at the mall on the roadtrip.

And yes, I happily fucked Lukas Hammington... Luke was a little jealous at first but he soon got over it after I told him I got 1000 buckaroonies from that famous bastard.

We used that $1000 to get Luke settled into the rehabilitation center Ashton had recommended him, it was top-rated and quite expensive. It took a little time for him to get used to it as it was a big change, but he gradually got better. He says that I was the one who pulled him through, but that is far from the truth. He did this himself and thanks to him not being a stubborn pain in the butt, he is officially unaddicted to sex. WOOO! Another win for us.

Funnily enough during the fuck sesh I had with Lukas Hammington, he offered Luke a job to become a roadie for them (all thanks to my great multitasking skills - chatting, listening, persuading and fucking). Luke accepted the job and is on tour with them right now. Fortunately they're playing a local show and I hoped that Luke remembered our address so he could stumble back home to me.

A knock rattled on the door and at first my mind thought 'What the fuck is a client doing at my house?' as I grabbed the remote to pause Mean Girls and made my way to the door.

I tried squinting my eye to look through the peephole but the glass was so magnified that the figure behind the door was blurry. I sighed, closing my eyes and unlocking the door once. My hand lingered and I thought about doing the same addictive compulsion I struggled to give up, but this time I didn't give in. I grabbed the knob and opened the door.

As I opened my eyes, they were met with gorgeous gleaming blue eyes wearing a smile and I noticed he was wearing the same short yellow floral skater dress I had once picked out for him in the 'Phuse' store. My jaw dropped to the floor as I could not believe my eyes and how good he looked in that dress. I also noticed he was holding something else behind his back.

"Hi," he said, "Long time, no see."

I giggled at his idiocy, "You've only been gone for like a month."

He nodded, "Yeah, ticket sales have been declining so they've been doing more local shows."

We stood there, taking each other in. I couldn't believe this loser had come to surprise me.

"So..." I trailed off, eyeing off his hand behind his back. "What have you got there?"

"Oh," He panicked as he looked around and then remembered his surprise, "I got you something." He took his hand from behind his back and held out the short black pleated skirt he had gotten me to try on at the mall from the roadtrip almost a year ago, "Thought we could match."

"You're a cute idiot, you know that?" I said as I grabbed the skirt out of his hands.

"I'm supposed to call you idiot, you're supposed to call me loser."

"Maybe idiot-loser can be our always."

"I thought you said you were done with the fault in our stars shit?"

"Well," I say to him, debating whether I was fully over that over-romanticised sob fest. "Yeah I am."

"Good, because I've got a date with Michael Clifford wearing that skirt in like," He checked his wrist for a pretend watch, "10 minutes."

I shook my head at him, "You're interrupting Mean Girls, you know that?"

"My apologies," He laughs, "We can rewatch it a gazillion times when we come back. Right now though, we're going on a romantic-ish date across the boardwalk where we can stargaze and confuse kids and scare the elderly in our gender-nonconforming fashion."

"I'd thought you'd never ask, Hemmings."

I took in the sight of him one more time before turning back and inviting him in so I could get changed. Before I could close the bedroom door, he stops me to say, "I love you, Mikey."

And I didn't hesitate to reciprocate back, "I love you too, Luke."