Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two (Killian)

Upon arriving back in the incubos village, Zenliu went to meet with Telulu to inform her of what had happened.

I remained outside to give them privacy while at the same time, feeling cold inside. The world suddenly seem less brighter, less lively. There was no one to ask me questions about the world, no one to look at me as if I were special, no one to touch me, no one to see through me to my soul. Alexius was gone, I thought in agony. His warmth was no longer beside me, his emerald green eyes flashing around.

Ana and I stood side by side outside Zenliu's home in silence, just staring straight ahead. Ana looked paler now as she hugged herself, blue eyes dimmed. She didn't even care to fix her auburn braid that had become tangled as it fell down her back. She leaned against the wall of the house, staring at the trees ahead of us before she turned her head to look up at me.

"We'll get him back." She wasn't asking. It was a statement. I frowned for a moment, then nodded slowly at first before making it more fierce.

"Of course," I responded sternly, "I wouldn't leave him there." Ana studied my face, then a small smile came across her lips.

"I know." She answered. I stared at her for a while before she looked away as the doors to the house opened. I grimaced, stepping away from the wall to see Zenliu coming out of the house, looking as angry as he had when we left the enemy camp. His cheeks were still moddled red and he looked like he was about ready to tear down the entire forest to get his sons back. Beside him, Telulu came out with eyes that were red from crying, but her expression was fierce and determined. She too was about ready to destroy the world to retrieve her only sons.

Zenliu started speaking in their native tongue, loud and powerful. His voice boomed through the village and everyone crowded around to listen. A few women started to weep, probably at the loss of their cambions. Men held their heads up high, ready to fight to the death. Zenliu continued to speak, then paused as he looked at Telulu, who also spoke in a voice just as strong and unyielding. A few of the women clapped and repeated a few of the things she said. Once she was finished, Zenliu turned to me with blue eyes so electric that I could almost feel the sparks of it under my skin.

"You are a general. You also have an army waiting, am I correct?" He demanded. I frowned, quickly catching onto his intentions as I straightened.

"Yes. We came here to fight those people. And we will destroy them in order to bring back your sons... and my lover." I added. Zenliu's eyes flickered before he nodded, then turned to the villagers, speaking loudly again. A few of the men grimaced, but they nodded anyway. Zenliu then turned to Telulu, whispering something to her gently before putting his arms around her tightly. Telulu gripped Zenliu to her tightly, tilting her head up to kiss him firmly on the lips. He kissed her back, then placed a kiss on her forehead before he came up to me.

"My wife will begin preparing my men for battle. In the mean time, you must take me to your people. We must plan this carefully and we must be in sync. We will need your people to come into our village and prepare with us as well. We have weapons that we can spare." He explained. I nodded, then turned to Ana, who straightened.

"Ana, bring the horses. We're going to head back to camp." I ordered. She nodded, then quickly scampered off to fetch the horses. I turned back to Zenliu, who watched her leave before he glanced at me questioningly. I frowned as he cleared his throat, looking away.

"Your cambion. Alexius... He knows Ren, but he doesn't know Ivy. How is that possible?" He asked me quietly. I blinked, then looked at him in surprise. How did he know about Ren and Ivy? Even Alexius didn't know about Ivy.