Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-Three (Alexius)

 Killian and I finally made it back to Mallurak's home.

Part of me still didn't want to go inside where there'd be so many people, so many strangers, but Killian seemed firm in making me go, especially with the way he held my hand, and so openly too. He didn't care who knew about our relationship, and for some reason, that made me feel good.

He opened the front door and poked his head inside ahead of me to make sure there weren't too many people crowded into one room, and much to my relief, it was just Keltzu and Zen in the living room. Zen jumped up the moment he saw me, a sweet smiling crossing his impish face as he left Keltzu on the sofa, coming to greet me.

"You back! And not bad no more!" He added, peering up into my face, then looked at the way Killian held my hand. He raised an eyebrow, cocking his head, then turned to Keltzu, who was taking his time as he pushed himself up off the sofa to join us.

"How come you no hold my hand like that?" Zen asked. Keltzu scowled at him, reaching out to ruffle his hair before looking up, glancing between Killian and I.

"Glad you made up," He told us dryly, folding his arms over his chest, "Now do something about the awkward family reunion in the other room." Killian frowned for a moment, then nodded as he understood. He turned to me, smiling and giving my hand a squeeze.

"Come on, there's other cambions you need to meet today, Alexius." He told me. I grimaced, averting my eyes, but I didn't know what to say. I really didn't want to be around so many people, but Killian looked so pleased that things were turning out better and I supposed I owe him a little something after the grief I'd given him-- although, he owed me big time as well. I reluctantly followed him as he led me toward the kitchen where voices were chattering and laughing.

Gracie and Mallurak were still passing out food, passing secret smiles at each other, then laughing at a joke that someone told nearby. There were more people than I expected. Were these all cambions? I hadn't expected so many.

"Aw," I looked up as Mikhail approached us, brushing his bangs out of his face with a pinkie finger, holding a cup of wine, "Damn. You guys got back together." Killian passed Mikhail a sour glare, his hand tightening around mine. I raised an eyebrow, glancing at Mikhail, who smirked and flirtatiously wiggled his eyebrows at me before looking at Killian.

"Too bad. I would've been happy to take over, but ah well. At least you get a happy ending." He told Killian, who rolled his eyes. I bit the inside of my lip nervously as Mikhail teased Killian a little more. He was very obviously flirting with both of us, so I don't think Mikhail really had his eye on anybody-- or everybody. He was overly friendly, but not in a way that was irritating. It was almost refreshing, compared to earlier when he got nosy and tried to squeeze information out of me.

"So, this must be the incubus cambion." A voice said. I looked up to see a muscular man approaching us, his skin was the color of deep caramel with dustings of black hairs to match the tight, slicked back ponytail keeping hair out of his coffee brown eyes. He wore a black tank top and shorts that hung down to his knees, bare feet leaving little piles of sand behind as he walked around the kitchen toward us. Beside him, a tall slender woman followed him, carrying both her drink and the drink that belonged to the man. She was rather beautiful with long smooth legs, hair as blonde as daylight that fell in waves over her red shoulders. She wore a deep red halter top and short jean shorts that revealed the creamy skin of her thighs.

"Sayyid," Killian greeted the man with a warm, friendly smile as he gestured to me, "Sayyid, this is Alexius. Alexius, this is Sayyid and his girlfriend, Rose. Sayyid is the jinn cambion. Rose is a Fallen." I blinked, turning my head to look at Rose first with interest. If she was a Fallen, she'd have scars on her back where her wings had been torn from. However, I didn't dare ask about them. Instead, I only nodded to her, then looked at Sayyid, who smiled at me as if he'd known me forever.