2: Royal revelations

ROYAL REVELATIONS
—👑🤍🪞✨—

"R-rudransh....Arora"

In the midst of a whirlwind of emotions, Advita found herself face to face with her past, embodied in the form of Rudransh Arora. Her initial shock at his presence soon gave way to a carefully crafted facade of indifference, masking the turbulence within her.

"You are marrying your crush!?" Shrushti was still confused. Shrushti, her ever-loyal confidante, whisked her away to her room, leaving Advita to grapple with the unexpected encounter.

"Okay why are we making it a big deal? And he isn't my crush, he was." But even as she attempted to dismiss Rudransh as a mere stranger, her mind raced with memories long buried beneath the surface.

"What are you doing Adi? Rudransh ji is waiting outside. Just go fast!" Her mom was a little agitated about the fact that her 'to be' jamai ji has to wait for a few minutes.

"Ji? Swarg se utara hai kya woh? Haad karti ho maa! Main toh gadh ki raani hu, phir bhi itna ijjat nahi deti?" She mocked her mom.

(Why are you giving so much importance to him as if he had walked down from the heavens. I am the Queen still you don't give me such importance?)

"Talking about gadh ki raani, baisa mind your tongue when you talk to the previous queen." She said cocking an eyebrow.

(Queen of town, daughter)

Sudden change in the tone caught her off-guard. "G-ghustakhi maaf raani maa."

(I am sorry)

"Beta ji, char logo mein uthana bethana hai, sab sochna padta hai. Just go now and don't do anything weird." Her mom said with a sigh.

(We live in the society and have to follow its customs.)

'Char kya, char sau logo ke sath uthana bethana hai mera roz ka, ghanta faraq nahi padta hai kisiko,' she mumbled to herself and walked out of her room.

(I meet hundreds of people on a daily basis, no one gives a damn.)

Her mother's urgency to expedite the meeting with Rudransh hinted at the weight of familial expectations resting upon Advita's shoulders. But beneath her facade of compliance, Advita's rebellious spirit simmered, evident in her retorts to her mother's attempts to maintain decorum.

"Don't just punch him if he does anything weird, call me, will together do that."

Advita looked at her brother before replying, "Why do you think I would do that?"

He fake whispered in her ears, saying, "Because I am your brother. We need to atleast keep that image in public dumbo."

As she descended the stairs, Advita's twin brother, Advit, offered his support in his own quirky manner, a testament to their unbreakable bond. Yet, even amidst the chaos of familial obligations, Advita found solace in Advit's understanding gaze, a silent reminder of the strength they derived from each other.

-🪷-

Rudransh leaned against his Thar, engrossed in his phone, when a small hand tugged at his perfectly tucked shirt. Looking down, he met the gaze of a tiny girl, whose fierce frown intrigued him.

"Are you here to take AB?" she demanded, her frown deepening.

Confusion etched Rudransh's features as he lifted the girl. "Who is AB? And who might you be?" he inquired, bemused.