17 : Echoes of Connection

Hello all, i know its been very long but no worries next one is half done, so expect it in a day or two.

And please please please, i would appreciate if there are comments regarding the chapter and not about updates.

Comments and votes really really really motivate to update and write further, and also let's me know your opinion, which i can keep in mind in further updates.

Enjoy and do share your opinion! <3

-🌙🤍🪞✨-

ECHOES OF CONNECTION

Rudransh descended the stairs with a sense of determination, the kitchen lights illuminating his path like guiding stars in the darkness. Yet, as he reached for the TV remote in a desperate attempt to fend off any potential intruders, his conscience couldn't help but mock his choice.

'A thief will be scared of a TV remote? Seriously dude?' it taunted mercilessly.

Ignoring the inner voice, Rudransh squared his shoulders and stepped into the kitchen, only to be greeted by a startled scream.

"Seriously? TV remote? Who the fuck made you a company's CEO?" Kabir's voice rang out, a mixture of amusement and disbelief.

Rolling his eyes, Rudransh brushed past his friend and approached the kitchen counter. "What are you making?" he inquired, eager to change the subject.

"Kadha," Kabir replied shortly, his tone indicating a desire to avoid further discussion.

(Kadha is a traditional Indian drink made by boiling herbs and spices in water. It's often consumed for its supposed health benefits, particularly for cold and flu relief, as it's believed to have medicinal properties.)

"For whom?" Rudransh pressed, his curiosity piqued.

"Why are you so nosy? Why did you come here?" Kabir shot back, a hint of exasperation in his voice.

Rudransh hesitated for a moment, contemplating his response. "Well, you know how Raa- I mean, Advita ji, how she got wet in the rain," he began, stumbling over his words slightly. "So, I thought to make some kadha for her so that she doesn't catch a cold."

Kabir gave him a sympathetic look, sensing the underlying concern in Rudransh's words. "What?" Rudransh prompted, feeling the weight of his friend's gaze.

"You see, baisa is not at all an easy person, especially in this matter," Kabir explained gently. "She won't drink it. She will throw thousands of tantrums before gulping it down. It's almost impossible."

Determined not to be deterred, Rudransh squared his shoulders once more. "I cannot leave this without trying," he declared, his resolve firm as he began to collect the necessary ingredients.

"Now you tell me, for whom?" Rudransh asked, his eyes meeting Kabir's with unwavering determination.

"For me!" Kabir exclaimed, his admission punctuated by a faint blush coloring his cheeks. "The weather is a little cold so I thought to take precautions."

And with that, the two friends set about their respective tasks, united by a shared commitment to care for those they held dear, even in the face of stubborn resistance and unforeseen challenges.