12. Sangeet

SANGEET

The hall had a center stage with fairy lights as backdrop. The subtle yet colorful drapes all around, accompanied with colorful lights, setting the perfect mood for a sangeet night.

Rudransh was wearing a teal coloured Indo western set, illuminated with glistening sequins worked into detailed chikankari embroidery. A plush draped fabric overlays the mandarin collared coat with an embellished front button placket. The ensemble is coupled with a soft white pleated dhoti that creates a unique juxtaposition of extravagance and simplicity. The outfit is paired with a turban on his head, and a pair of understated brown shoes.

"-RUDDY! Where are you looking? I am talking to you," huffed an annoyed Kabir, who had been trying to have a conversation with a lost Rudransh, "Bhai teri hi dulhan hai, yahi aayegi, kahi nahi jayegi mere baap! Stop being so obvious!"

(Bro, she is your bride, she will come here only, she isn't going any where!....)

'Mera bhi din aayega tab bataunga isse,' muttering under his breath, Rudransh resumed to look for her, ignoring Kabir.

(My day will also come then I will show him)

Kabir, being a little irritated, left. He went near the stage and was doing the sound checks. He heard some commotion, and looked up to see Advita walking in with her friends. A small smile formed on his face, 'Finally, now Rudransh will be at peace,' and he looked up at Advita, 'or maybe not.'

Advita wore a teal coloured Rajputi poshak, with heavy embroidery. A heavy lehenga, and a net dupatta covering her face. He styled it with the breathtaking ethnic Rajputi jewelry.

"Adi! Badhai ho, khushnaseeb hai behen tu, The Yuvika Singh is wearing a lehenga! Yaad hai Bhavya ke Mummy papa ki 25th anniversary celebration mein three piece suit pehen ke aaye the captain madam," Shrushti pointed, making the other two laugh as well.

(Adi! Congratulations, you are very lucky The Yuvika Singh is wearing a lehenga! Remember how captain madam wore a three piece suit to Bhavya's parents' 25th anniversary)

"That isn't my fault! The theme was suit and saree! Army cantt mein uniform pehenti hu, aadat nahi hai saree ki! Also, Adi was planning to ditch you guys too, Shrushti found out about her plan last minute. And in my defense, I was according to the theme!" Huffed Yuvika, making them all laugh at her antics.

(.....I wear uniform in Army cantt, I am not used to wearing sarees!...)

"By the way, Captain Yuvika Singh, when are you joining back?" Asked Advita.

"Err, well...ehm..." Yuvika awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, which was enough to make the other three anxious, keeping in mind their past experiences.

"Yuvi!" Bhavya warned.

"Theverynextmorningafterthewedding," she breathed out.

The three blinked once, twice, thrice. Finally registering her words, they all looked at her in disbelief.

"Yuvi, you are not coming to Mumbai with us? Maa baap ko shakal dikhani nahi hai kya, last do saal pehle ghar gayi thi tu!" Fumed Shrushti.

(....You want to show your face to your parents or not, last time you visited home was two years back!)

"She may forget us, but we won't," all the four turned around and yelled in excitement. Yuvika and Bhavya ran towards their parents.

"What are you doing here?" Bhavya asked her mom.