16: Past affecting present?

~•🪷•~

~•🪷•~

As soon as they entered the living room, Rudransh left her hand ever so quickly, and excitedly ran towards a girl sitting with other family members. She too jumped off from her place to hug him. Rudransh hugged her too, forgetting he left his wife on the gate itself.

In an instant, Roohi and Rutvik fled away too. Could it be more hurting?

Advita hesitently walked into the house. Her heart felt heavy with every step she took as no one even acknowledged her. Finally she saw the face of the girl.

No!

Mishka Oberoy!?

Advita took a sharp breath while wiping her sweaty palms with her dress.

"Adi! Bachcha come here," Riddhima called her, "meet Mishka. She is Rudra's childhood friend!"

Mishka extended her hand towards Advita, which she took and gave a little shake.

"Hi Advita! Finally I get to meet you. I am sorry I couldn't attend the wedding, my schedule got messed up at the last moment," she went on but Advita was not in a state to register her words.

"Mumma, I am getting late for office, can I go?" Advita asked Riddhima, to which she gave a curt reply and again gave back her full attention to Mishka.

Advita walked to her room and changed her outfit. She took her helmet and bike keys and hurried off. While walking out, she took out her phone and opened a Whatsapp group chat - Shinchan Gang.

'In an hour, my office'

After pressing the 'send' button, she hopped on her Enfield and started it. The engine roared as if it came back to life.

Stepping in her cabin, Advita saw Shrushti & Bhavya, as she expected.

"It better be serious Adi-"

"Mishka Oberoy," Advita cut Shrushti in between, "visited my house!"

Both the girls jumped out of their seats.

__________________

FLASHBACK

It was the farwell eve of the third year batch. Advita, wearing quartz pink chiffon saree, adorned with chevron patterned borders and delightful sunflower patterns crafted in stone, completing the attire with delicate pearl earrings and peep-toe heels for a refined and elegant look, was walking around the campus to find this one person.

Advita Singh Arora and saree, a match made in hell. She wasn't a big fan of wearing traditionals, but today was different. Nobody forced her, unlike her school farewell day. Shrushti, Bhavya and Yuvika- her friends, were running around since morning to get her ready for the big day.

Big day?

She finally decided to tell her crush about her feelings. Because why not? This was the last day and a last chance. Even if he doesn't reciprocate her feelings, atleast she would be intent that she spoke about it.