8. Jodhana ri Mojri

JODHANA RI MOJRI

The hustling and bustling of people running in all directions with all sorts of fruits, deserts and gifts was an indication that the most awaited wedding was about to get started.

Rolling his sleeves, Rudransh made his way towards the garden for two reasons. No.1 - He wanted to have a look at company's work.
No.2 - The morning sunlight felt too temptating in the chilly December morning .

As he made his way, he recognized the person sitting in the temple. He walked towards her. He silently sat down beside her, folded his hands and did a little prayer.

He noticed how her eyes were closed and she was reciting something.

'...Ghalin Lotangan Vandin Charan
Dolyani Pahin Roop Tujhe
Prem Aalingin Aanande Pujin
Bhaven Ovalin Mhane Nama...'

He realised she was reciting 'Siddhivinayak Aarati'. He couldn't help but smile. Even though they had been living under the same roof for ten days, he didn't knew she had such routine.

The moment he thought that it was over, she started once again.

Shiv tandav strotam.

Shri Ram Stuti.

Hanuman chalisa.

Rudransh couldn't leave. He wanted to stay. He wanted to see her pray. It wasn't something like she was singing very melodiously, or had a soothing voice. No. Nothing even close. She was simply and honestly praying, and that simplicity wasn't letting him go. He silently sat there admiring her.

Once she was done she shot a questioning glance at him. "Well, you know people usually pray in the morning?" He teasingly said.

"We, its still eleven in the morning." She said shrugging her shoulders, and glanced at him. And they both chuckled.

"By the way, i didn't knew you had such routine?"

"The only routine is to pray atleast once before sleeping. I do it whenever am free, aaj mata shree ki wajah se neend kharab ho gyi thi subh toh socha aaj bappa ko surprise hi de du!"

(...because of mom today's sleep was ruined so i thought why not surprise god.)

He just smiled at her answer, and though he wanted to stay a bit more, he excused himself towards the garden.

~~~🪷~~~

Everyone was seated in the dining hall for the lunch. As Shrushti made her way, a whistling sound caught her attention.

'shaadi kara do meri...'

Her eyes widdened and she turned around to see Rutvik whistling the song. She glared at him but he shrugged as if he didn't knew anything.

Ruthvik was busy savouring the gatte ki sabzi, when he suddenly felt a cold touch on his feet. Before he could process further, the other foot, which apparently wasn't his, moved further upwards. He wearing a boxer shorts, wasn't helping either.

A shiver ran down his spine as the foot slowly, sensually tickled his leg. His body hairs were now straight like an anteena, because of the goosebumps. He looked around but saw everyone digging in their plate peacefully.

He turned his head towards left, and choked on his food when Shrushti gave a wink while kissing the air. Now everyone's attention was on Ruthvik.