11. Mehendi & Haldi

HALDI & MEHENDI

Mehendi

It was quite chaotic today. All the ladies were discussing some really important stuff, like mehendi design or its length, etc. Why? Mehendi ceremony it is!

The room was decorated with a combination of Indian themes and dreamcatchers, to create a dreamy ambience. These dreamy  sacred hoops were given a twist by substituting the center ring with cycle wheels and suspending them in a cluster to create a dramatic effect. This was matched with bright hues and shades of green with ethnic prints to create an eye-catching mishmash of design and color.

"Kanika, jaldi muh kholo. Have these," Advit was feeding her since her hands were covered with henna.

(Open your mouth.)

Advita saw them, and was in awe. Aren't they too cute? Advit feeding her while little Anika fanning her with her toy fan.

All the elderly ladies were done and soon departed to have their food. Well, they said that they wanted to give younger ones space and time to enjoy themselves but the reality was they were too shy to be fed by their husbands in front of their kids. Just parents' thing. But cute. Aren't they the cutest couple we know in our lives?

Advita wore heavy mirror work tank top blouse and a forest green coloured dhoti. She paired her outfit with oxidized chaand baliyan.

After a lot of argument between her three friends, they decided the most complicated design to hide Rudransh's name and the artists were all set to start their task.

But everytime the artists would try to start, her phone rang, interrupting them. She was ending one of those calls when she felt her phone being snatched away.

She moved her head to the side, but got baffled to see him, this close to her. Their noses were inches apart, while eyes never left each other's.

For Advita, it was as if the world stopped to accompany her at that moment. What felt in that moment is not something she can fit into some mere words. It is as if she felt so much and yet absolutely nothing at the same time.

Rudransh's heartbeat was massively messed up as he saw her looking straight into his orbs, 'kuch kehne aaya tha main, magar kambakht aankhen tumhari.' He recollected his thoughts and cleared his throat before speaking.

(I came to say something, but your damn eyes.)

"Raani sa," he started, gaining her attention, "it's ok if you don't want to put my name on your hands, why these excuses?" He said teasingly.

She blinked her eyes in confusion, "What did I do?"

"Your phone. Its okay if you don't want to put my name on your hand," he said while poking his cheek with his tongue, in order to control his smile.

"Well, atleast am almost done, what about your mehendi?"

"I have to put a small amount, just for the sake of ritual, it won't take much time."

"What?" She gave him an annoyed look, "Excuse me, please give us a minute," she said while turning to the henna artists, who then left the two.