6: Conversations & Connections

CONVERSATIONS & CONNECTIONS
🦚👑💙✨

7:27 am

Rudransh rubbed his eyes and sat up straight, gazing out of the window. The scenery before him was nothing short of mesmerizing-a picturesque blend of lush green mountains veiled in mist, accompanied by the invigorating scent of the winter morning. It was a sight so enchanting that words failed to capture its beauty.

"Why is there so much greenery? Haven't we crossed out Gujarat yet? But my location says we're in Rajasthan," Rutvik interjected, only to be met with a frown from Kabir.

"What did you expect? As soon as we enter Rajasthan border you thought charo taraf registan hi registan hoga?" Kabir's irritation was palpable.

("What did you expect? That as soon as we hit the Rajasthan border, it would be nothing but desert all around?")

"Registan or no registan, we didn't anticipate such lush mountains," Rudransh chimed in.

(Desert or no desert...)

"You're from Punjab, the land of five rivers, right?" Advita directed her question to Rudransh.

"Out of nowhere? But yes, what about it?" Rudransh replied.

"So, when you enter Punjab, are you surrounded by rivers everywhere?" Advita retorted, her patience wearing thin.

"Whoa, calm down, bhabhi. We just didn't expect this greenery here," Rutvik attempted to diffuse the tension.

"Ugh! How much did you bribe your geography teacher to pass?" Advita shot back, clearly exasperated.

"Excuse me?" Rudransh bristled, feeling offended.

"Guys, the desert is in the northwest, along the Pakistan border. But here, we're amidst the Aravalli range. To the west is Marwar, and to the east is Mewar," Kabir explained, enlightening the Arora siblings.

"Ek minute! Kabir bhai aapane kab team badal li? Aap toh toh dulhe ki taraf se the na!" Rutvik teased.

(Wait a minute! Kabir bhai, when did you switch sides? Weren't you on the groom's team?)

"I didn't. Mein abhi bhi dulhe ki taraf hi hu! But the place your are talking about, is meri janam bhoomi. Ese hi stereotypical comments thodi sunnne wala hu!"

(I am still in groom's team! But the place you are talking about is my birth place. I won't listen these stereotypical comments of yours!)

"Shrushti, you are a Bombaiya, atleast you come to our team!" Roohi suggested.

"Oh, no, my geography lessons were long ago," Shrushti replied, recalling Adi's lectures about the diversity of Rajasthan beyond just its deserts.

"Well, now that geography class is over, let's stop and have breakfast," Advit declared as he brought the vehicle to a halt.

-🪷-

In the afternoon, Kabir took the wheel as the twins, had an urgent video conference, occupying the back seat. Meanwhile, Rudransh was engrossed in checking emails a row ahead.