two . . . "he's a goner"

CHAPTER TWO"he's a goner"📝🦋🤍[ real life ]

CHAPTER TWO
"he's a goner"
📝🦋🤍
[ real life ]

CHAPTER TWO"he's a goner"📝🦋🤍[ real life ]

real life !

it was lunch and ameira was seated far off in the corner of the cafeteria by herself, occupied with a book and a bottle of water, no food. from across the room was matt, he had just sat down with his brothers, nick and chris and their bestfriend nate.

"shit." matt ducks his head down, covering the right side of his face with his hand.

"what are we hiding from?" chris asks, the other boys being confused by matt's weirdness.

"her." matt simply says, no explanation added.

nate leans his head forward, staring into the direction matt was once looking in. he snaps his fingers, "her?"

chris and nick both follow and see ameira, glancing away from her to glance at their brother. "is that your future wife?" nick quotes.

"shut up." matt rolls his eyes, still hiding himself. "stop looking before she looks over here."

"she's not looking anywhere." chris snorts. "she's busy in that book."

matt peeks for a second to see that chris was in fact right, she was reading a book, not looking around or at him, just at the words on the pages.

he lifts his head up and lets out a sigh of relief. "was a close one."

"it wasn't a close anything matt." nick shakes his head. "are you gonna talk to her?"

"he's too scared to talk to her." chris says, not knowing it was actually the truth.

"well it sucks hearing it out loud." matt. "i can't just get up and talk to her. it's too weird."

"just leave her a note then." nate suggests, simply shrugging his shoulders.

the boy's eyebrows raise as he lights up. loving the idea, he zipped open his bookbag, pulling out a random notebook, and taking out a pencil. placing it out onto the table, he carefully wrote inside of it, as neatly as he could.

when he was done, he looked up to see that ameira had left the table, leaving her book there with a bookmark inside of it.

this was his chance. "i'll be back." matt gets up, running over to the table across the room, folding up the paper tightly. "please don't throw it away." he whispers before dropping it on top of her book, turning away to run back to the table.

shortly after he returns to the table, ameira walks back in. sitting down, she looks down and notices the small folded up piece of paper sitting on top of her book, All The Bright Places. it was one of her favorite books and movies.

"matt, look." nick whispers, tapping the boy on his shoulder. he turns to see the girl opening up the paper.

Hi. I'm not good with this but I just wanted to tell you that you're very pretty. I see that you like books, have any recommendations for a non-reader?

Love, B <3

ameira looks up and around the cafeteria, trying to figure out who could have possibly gave her this note. nobody was looking at her so she just looks back down at it, rereading.

slowly a smile tugs on her lips, but she pulls back from it growing on her face. she didn't know if this was sincere or some sick joke, but she pulled out her notebook anyways.

Thanks.

Sincerely, A

she folds the paper up, leaving it on the table. looking at her phone, it was five minutes until lunch was over, so she thought that she would just get up to leave lunch early.

standing up, she wraps her bag straps around her shoulders and picks up her book, leaving the table and heading out the door.

"go see if she left something there!" chris yells, making the boys shush him.

matt gets up, running back over again to the table. he sees the folded up paper on the table, hoping that it wasn't his and she just left it behind. he opens it to see that it wasn't his.

he turns to the three boys, smiling and jumping up and down excitingly. racing back over, he sits back down next to nick, reading the note. "she said, thanks." she responded. "it's official. we're now married!"

"woah matt. slow down." chris chuckles. "we're supposed to be married, no affairs!"

"chris....no." nick shakes his head. "let the boy live and be happy."

the bell rings, letting it be known that lunch was over and it was time for everyone to go to their next period. "time for class guys. let's go!" matt's cheery, jumping up from the bench and grabbing his bookbag. "don't wanna miss a chance to see her in the hallway."

"he's a goner." nate playfully rolls his eyes as they all stand up to join him.

NIY SPEAKS

in case if it wasn't known, matt signs his notes off with a B for his middle name, to make it more of a secret and less unknown. if he used his first name initial, the story would be cut short 🫡

gotta keep the mystery going