Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eʅҽʋҽɳ

"You can open it and see it for yourself." Wang Yibo said, excited. But to his surprise, Xiao Zhan still did not take the gift from him. Feeling a little dejected, Yibo explained,

"I thought it would nice to gift you something before marriage so I bought this for you. I am sure you would love it." Wang Yibo emphasised.

"Why don't you just say it your own Wang style of bribing?"

"Bribing?" Wang Yibo asked confused.

"If not, what else do you call this?" Xiao Zhan asked more hurt than angry.

Whu could no one understand his feelings? Why did no one care for his feelings? Did he seem like a toy or did they not want to acknowledge him?

Wang Yibo was puzzled so asked,

"What do you mean?"

"Second Master Wang, you want me to marry you and in return, you have promised a happy and successful life to my family. We are equal. There is no need for such unnecessary gifts." Xiao Zhan said in a single breath unable to hide his hurt and anger.

"What?!" Wang Yibo cried for he was surprised at Zhan's thinking. He was marrying Xiao Zhan because he loved him sincerely not to satisfy his carnal needs!

"Xiao Zhan, you have taken the whole thing wrong." Wang Yibo tried to explain but Xiao Zhan interrupted him.

"Wrong? Do you think I am stupid enough to be blinded by your money, status and power to not to see your real faces?" Xiao Zhan yelled.

"Let me explain." Yibo tried.

"I'd rather die than listen you, Second Master Wang."

"Would it hurt if you listen to me once?" Wang Yibo almost pleaded.

"Yes," Xiao Zhan replied breaking down in tears. "It would hurt. It would hurt more than I could endure. It would hurt every single corner of my heart. It would hurt in all the places it hadn't hurt before." Xiao Zhan sobbed kneeling down.

Wang Yibo wasn't expecting Xiao Zhan to break down in tears so he was for once, loss for words and sat there as a statue not know what else to do.

"Madam Yu had explained. Uncle Jiang had explained. Shijie had explained. Jiang Cheng had explained too. But none of them, not even one of them, said what I wanted to hear. None! No one said that I could reject the marriage if I wanted to. None of them said that this marriage was just a proposal and it would only be held if I accepted it. No one said that this marriage was a dream come true but still could call it off if I wanted to. No one said that my feelings mattered other than anything else. None said any of these to me. Everyone said almost the same but in their own way, 'I had to get married despite my approval.' Second Master Wang, do you have any kind of different explanation to give me?" Xiao Zhan asked, raising his head and looking at Wang Yibo.

"I..."

Although Wang Yibo could not see Zhan right now, whatever he heard made him understand clearly how much Zhan was hurt. How deep this marriage proposal had damaged him.

It was all his fault. He was the only reason for Zhan to go through all this so swallowing the lump in his throat, Wang Yibo said,

"I... I am sorry for all this. Since... Since you don't like this marriage, I will... Ask uncle to call it... Off..."

It was hard for marrying and having a life with Xiao Zhan was all that he wished. He would do anything just to live happily with Xiao Zhan. But, his wishes and dreams were not important compared to Xiao Zhan's feelings. Xiao Zhan's happiness was all that mattered and if Xiao Zhan was not happy with him, then he should force Zhan to stay with him. Yes, even if it would kill him to live without Xiao Zhan, he still would ask his uncle to call off the marriage. As long as Zhan was happy, that was all that mattered.

But what Wang Yibo did not expect was to a laughter from Zhan. He was completely puzzled. Why was Xiao Zhan laughing? Wasn't he a crying mess just now?

"Hahaha... Second Master Wang, you really know the best jokes ever. Don't you?" Turning his voice into a serious one, Xiao Zhan continued, "Second Master Wang, if you really was that good person, then you could have called off the marriage that day when I told you how I felt towards you in the restaurant. But why didn't you do that? Now you want to act all good just to show that the rumours were true. That Wang's are always upright, huh? Or is this a way to have your revenge on me fur not liking the idea of marrying you so that Madam Yu could punish me? Which one is it?"

Xiao Zhan asked, filled with anger and hurt.

"You have misunderstood me."

"I am glad that I have misunderstood you. If it hurts so much already just for knowing very little about you, I am afraid it would cause me death if I happened to understand you well."

With that, not waiting anymore for Yibo's reply, Xiao Zhan left the garden unable to bear the pain he was feeling right now.

Wang Yibo, alone in the garden, finally let his tear slip down his face. Xiao Zhan's words hurt him to the core!