Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tԋιɾƚყ Tɯσ

That night, when Yibo had returned from work and was done with dinner, he really wanted to nothing else but spend his whole night with Xiao Zhan although he knew that it was impossible.

Xiao Zhan was now in the bathroom, having a shower and Yibo was listening to music. He closed his eyes and felt the music go deep into his heart.

'It's you, it's always you

If I am ever gonna fall in love, it's always gon' be you

It's you, it's always you

Met a lot of people but nobody feels like you'

Wang Yibo smiled at that. Because it was true. Very true! He had met a lot of people in these five years but not once, not even a single time, did he get the feeling of being with Zhan from anyone else.

'So, please, don't break my heart

Don't tear me apart.

I know how it starts.

Trust me, I've been broken before.

Don't break me again

I am delicate

So, please, don't break my heart.

Trust me, I've been broken before.'

Wang Yibo felt his heart tighten at that. Although he did know the feeling of love failure, he clearly knew the feeling of losing someone you love. He knew that pain well. He knew and had experienced the pain and hurt you get when you lose the ones you cherish with all that you have. It hurts!

'I've been broken

Yeah, I know how it feels.

To be open and then find out your love isn't real.

I'm still hurting

Yeah, I am hurting inside.

I am so scared to fall in love,

But if it's you then I'll try.'

Wang Yibo could feel his tears threatening to fall. It was so true! He was still hurting! Hurting inside! He did not know if he will ever be able to get over that pain. He did not know if he will ever be able to get over those horrible memories. Thinking of Xiao Zhan, he was very scared to fall in love with him. He was scared to love Zhan for one day, everyone will leave. Nothing was permanent. He did not know if he could bear that pain again but his heart won't listen to him. And at the end, he could not help but give it a try. He wanted to fall in love with Zhan hoping that it would mend his broken heart. And especially, since it was nine other than Xiao Zhan. The great Xiao Zhan who was capable of owning his heart and soul within a single second.

Wang Yibo was too immersed in the song that he wasn't unable to sense Xiao Zhan beside him. He flinched when Zhan held his hand, gripping it hard. He removed his earbuds and heard Zhan ask,

"Are you alright?"

"Ye...yeah..." His voice sounded dry and hoarse.

"Then what does your tears mean?" Zhan asked next.

"Tears?" Yibo touched his face only to find it wet with tears. "No...nothing...." He managed out and soon wiped them away. Why was he crying right now?

"Sometimes, nothing means everything." Xiao Zhan stated, taking a seat opposite to him.

Before Wang Yibo could even ask what does that mean, Xiao Zhan said,

"There could only be one reason to cry while listening to music. And that is, you are heart broken."

Wang Yibo inhaled sharply. How could he not be?

Xiao Zhan really wanted to know what was wrong with Yibo for he could not stand Yibo's tears. So he said,

"I am not a good person but I am not bad either. I don't break promises that I made. Now seeing you, I was reminded by a promise I made just few days ago."

"What promise?" Yibo asked sniffing.

"I, Xiao Zhan, take you, Wang Yibo, as my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. I will love and honor you all the days of my life."

Wang Yibo wasn't expecting that and hearing it from Xiao Zhan once again, was too much for him to take in. He broke down in tears once again. This time, he wept even more harder.

"Wang Yibo, you gotta speak. Say something. What's wrong?"

"I.... Can you...." He did not know what to say. "Water..." He cried.

When Xiao Zhan handed him a glass of water, he gulped it in a go.

"Breathe in. Calm down."

Zhan instructed. Wang Yibo obliged. He then excused himself to the washroom.

Xiao Zhan waited for Yibo. He felt very sorry for him and wanted to know what had made Yibo weep so hardly. He heard the washroom door open and saw Wang Yibo standing there, face and some parts of his t-shirt wet with water. But unexpected to him, Yibo was smiling.

"Why are you smiling now?" Zhan asked confused.

"I just remembered how cute my senior is. He even knows the right way to handle a heart broken person."

Wang Yibo knew Zhan was upset for him and he did want Xiao Zhan to be sad. So he calmed himself down and although it was hard, he stop trued to joke with Zhan, easing the mood.

"Wang Yibo, I am stupid to feel sorry for you." Zhan said through clenched teeth.

Wang Yibo came up to him and took a seat beside him, feeling a lot more calmer in having Zhan with him.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Hmph..." Xiao Zhan got up to leave only to be pulled back into the couch. He was hugged by Wang Yibo!

"Wang Yibo!" Zhan yelled.

"Please.... Just for few minutes...." Yibo sounded low.

"I don't believe you. Did you not just make fun of me? Now what then?! Another drama?"

"Nothing was a drama. Everything was real. I just couldn't hold back my emotions listening to the song. It touched my wounds. Right now, I don't need anything else except for someone to hold to. I just need someone by my side right now. Xiao Zhan, as per the promise you made to me on our wedding, could you please hold me in my worse?"

Xiao Zhan sighed, thinking, 'Do you want me to hold onto you only in your worse? Then what about better?'

Taking Zhan's silence as an affirmation, Yibo snuggled closer to Zhan letting his feelings and emotions take over him.

××××××××××

Please make sure to leave your comments and votes. It will be really appreciated!