Cԋαρƚҽɾ Fιϝƚყ Sҽʋҽɳ

Xiao Zhan looked at Wang Yibo who was sleeping quietly next to him. It had been already three days since their return but nothing has improved between them. He had tried talking to Yibo about him and Meng Yao but Yibo had ignored him and left the room earlier that day.

Xiao Zhan was confused. He found a lot of things strange. He could see Wang Yibo acting weird lately. He does mot talk much with anyone and instead keeps on thinking about something always. He is always lost in his own world. Last night, Xiao Zhan was woken up to the sound of sobbing and when he checked for the source, it was none other than Wang Yibo. He initially wanted to comfort him and ask him what was wrong but he chose not to for he knew Wang Yibo would not tell him anything.

Xiao Zhan knew that it was late night and he shouldn't disturb Wang Xichen but he had no other options. He knew that Xichen knew something about all the things that were going on and he could not wait until morning to know what it is. His brain would burst if he waited another one more minute.

Xiao Zhan looked over at Wang Yibo for one last time and finding that he is fast asleep, Zhan finally tip toed to Xichen's room.

"Xichen Ge...." He called out and knocked lightly on the door.

But there was no answer from inside. He kept on calling few more times but not receiving any answer, he rang Wang Xichen. To his utter disappointment, his line was busy!

Zhan kicked his leg on the wall, very disappointed! He almost turned around to leave when Xichen rang him.

"Zhan, what's up? Why are you calling at this time of the night? Is everything alright?"

"No, nothing is alright and you know that well. If you don't mind, I am at your door. Could you please let me in so we could have a talk? I know you are not asleep."

"Yeah, sure." Saying so, Xichen hung up.

"Come in." Wang Xichen opened the door and called him in.

"Who are you so busy talking to in the middle of the night? Is it Jiang Cheng?" Xiao Zhan questioned walking into the room.

"Yeah... And he is fuming right now for you disturbed us." Xichen said smiling.

"He is fuming or you are fuming?" Zhan asked narrowing his eyes.

Getting caught, Xichen admitted, "Well, both of us are fuming."

"I apologize for disturbing you two but I really cannot wait any longer."

"Cannot wait any longer?" Xichen repeated.

"Yes. Xichen Ge, I'll get to the point straight away. And I hope that you too would answer without beating around the bush. And I really don't want to hear anything fake so please be honest."

"Zhan, what are you talking about? I don't understand anything." Xichen said confused.

"Xichen Ge, what's going on here?"

"Sorry?!" Xichen was very confused now.

Xiao Zhan took in a deep breath and asked once again, more clearer,

"What's going on with your brother? Why is he acting weird lately? Please don't tell me that you don't know anything 'cause I already know that you know everything."

"Zhan, you are making me very confused now. I really don't understand anything that you say."

"Xichen Ge... please.... I beg you. Don't hide anything from me anymore. Please spit it out. What's actually going on? Yibo is looking very depressed. I really want to know everything and right now too."

"He is sad over the fight between you two at your honeymoon. What else could it be?"

"Xichen Ge, please, for God's sake, I request you to stop lying. If what you are saying is true, then I should be the one who should be depressed. Not him. I was the one affected, not him. Why on the earth is he sad?"

"Zhan, you..." Xichen was cut off.

"Xichen Ge, I have never considered you for my brother in law. I have always taken you for my brother. So please, if not for me, at least for your brother, Yibo, tell me the truth. Only you can help me with this."

Wang Xichen inhaled sharply. Xiao Zhan was correct. If he did not tell the truth now, he would regret it later when it was too late already. He had gone for great lengths to give back Yibo his happiness and now he will not be the one to ruin it. He will make sure that everything gets back to the way it was and for that, the first most important thing to do is, tell Zhan the whole truth. Everything!

"Fine. I accept defeat. Since you really want to know everything, I will tell you all that you want to know. But, promise me first that you would not tell this to Yibo. You will not tell Yibo that you know the truth no matter what. Or at least, until everything gets back to normal."

"Alright. You have my word." Zhan promised.

And so, Wang Xichen began.

"Zhan, that day, when Meng Yao came to take Yibo's signature on some business contracts, when we were joking around, I accidentally saw how Meng Yao kept on glaring you. I found it strange but with time, I realized that Meng Yao loathed you for being Yibo's husband. I realized that Meng Yao had liked Yibo ever since the beginning and it was us who had been blind.

"I knew that already when I met him for the first time." Zhan commented.

"When I told about this to Yibo, he did not believe me at first. He kept on finding excuses to prove me wrong but in the end, he had to admit the truth. But it was too late. When he finally came to know of Meng Yao's real face, Meng Yao had already planned something big for you. He had planned and had already made arrangements to kidnap you on your honeymoon. Yibo was scared that something would happen to you so he called off the plans. But then, we realized that something was fishy."

"What is it?" Zhan asked.

"We never told Meng Yao that you two were going on a honeymoon but he had already got to know of it. We did not know how. We thought he was spying on you two but no. He wasn't. We was so confused."

"If he wasn't spying, who had told him?"

"No one had told him. He had found it out himself."

"Himself?" Zhan asked confused.

"Yes. He has attached a chip on Yibo's phone. We did not know when he did it but he had done it. Though this chip, he could listen to everything that Wang Yibo speaks and to all the other voices within a meter distance."

"What?!" Zhan yelled.

Realization dawned upon him. So this was how Meng Yao had always been successful in ruining their moments!