Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sιxƚყ Eιɠԋƚ

Wang Yibo was nervous. He was tensed, flustered, anxious and troubled. It wasn't because of his head injury which was recuperating just fine and he no longer had to wear bandages around it, but he was disturbed due to something else.

Right now, he was in the eye hospital. His appointment was sharp at twelve but still, the doctor had not come. Wang Yibo waited for the doctor along with Wang Xichen, who was scrolling through his phone.

"I do not when my phone got switched off." Yibo heard Xichen say. "So many messages and calls." Xichen continued.

"Who?" Yibo asked shortly for he was not in the mood to talk right now.

"Well, from Jiang Cheng and Xiao Zhan."

"Xiao Zhan?" Yibo asked, feeling a sudden thud in his heart.

"Yeah... He had sent me a voice message saying that he was going out to meet his sister. He had sent the location of the place too." Xichen replied, as usual, unable to find anything strange.

But Yibo did not feel at ease. He asked Xichen, "Can you please call him now? Ask if he is still with Yanli Jie or had already left back home?"

"Alright. Wait a sec."

Just as Wang Xichen was going to call Xiao Zhan, the nurse came, saying, "Doctor has arrived. You can get in."

"Thank you." Yibo replied, standing up from his seat.

Xichen just smiled at the nurse, and guided Yibo into the doctor's check up room.

"Did you call Zhan?" Yibo muttered under his breath but Xichen heard it.

"I'll call him once we finish the check up. Let's not waste time here now."

Yibo was not satisfied with the answer but he heard a door creak open so he realized that they were in the check up room. He silently agreed with his brother.

"Hello, doctor." Xichen greeted, Song Lan, the famous ophthalmologist in the city.

"Hello, please have a seat." Song Lan welcomed.

"Thank you." Once seated, Xichen introduced themselves. "This is Yibo and I am his elder brother, Xichen."

"The whole China know you two. How can I not know? I have heard the Second Master Wang has no eye sight. Is this what that have brought you to me?" Song Lan asked, cutting the unnecessary formalities.

"Yes." Yibo replied.

"Well then, how can I help you?" Song Lan asked.

"Is it possible to restore his eye sight back?" Xichen asked, carefully wording it out.

"I cannot tell you anything now. I need to check his eyes first. But could you tell me what caused him lose his eye sight. I heard that it was due to an accident but I do not know if it is the truth."

"It was due to an accident." Xichen affirmed.

"Oh, how long has it been exactly?"

"Five years." Yibo answered.

"Alright. So did the doctor say that it was hard to cure your blindness?"

"No." Yibo replied shortly not knowing exactly how he was supposed to answer the question.

Xichen knew that this was hard for Yibo so he answered and explained the situation back then carefully.

"Doctor told that although he lost his eye sight, it wasn't a serious issue and could be cured within a few hours of time. But... But, in that accident, we lost our mother and Yibo... Yibo thought that he no longer needed his eye sight back. He considered mother to be his light in the world and without her, even if he could see everything, his world would still be dark. We tried to make him convince but he did not listen to any of us. He was stubborn in being blind for the rest of his life. We were unable to do anything either."