20.) Killer Sparkles

"Maybe because they've never betrayed me." I glared, before taking a glance back at Riley who was still nurturing Ryders wounds.

"And that's more than I can say for the two of you." I drop the bag of peas at Jaxons feet, turning to walk towards my friends.

I take a deep breath as I approach the bar, trying my best to keep my tears at bay. Why does that boy always make me cry?

I take a seat next to Shawn, picking up the red solo cup Mikey had filled for me and drank it. Well.. I think this one was mine.

"You look terrible, baby girl." Shawn grimaced, sliding me a bag of ice. I thanked him, putting it to my face.

"Hey, are you okay?" He leaned towards me, examining me carefully before moving his hand towards my face.

"Try to make a pass at me and I will obliterate you." I threatened, holding a hand up in front of me.

"Relax, you might not be able to feel it because of all this." He motioned toward my battered face. I frowned, putting my hand back in my lap.

"But you're crying." He raised his hand again, gliding it under my eye, before moving it to wipe my cheek.

"Oh I didn't notice." I tried to smile, but I just couldn't. The alcohol made it to where I couldn't feel my face, but for some odd reason I just couldn't muster up the energy.

"Don't worry, I might be sober but I still know how to have a little fun." He stood up from his chair, turning my stool to face him.

"May I have this dance?" He bowed down, reaching a hand out for me to take.

I chuckled, "Sober? Do you not recall the blunt we smoked before we came here?" Placing my hand in his, I let him walk me to the living room.

I glanced around the room, it looked just like it did when I lived here. Except for the fuzz decorated along on the floor from the couch that Jaxons parents had bought after the last party. He just never learns.

"You look rather lavishing tonight." Shawn whispered in my ear. I rapped my arms around his neck, while his were rapped around my waist.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I giggled.

"Not to be rude, but-

He moved his hand from my waist, pulling my hat crooked, so it was shielding the bruised side of my face.

I scoffed, slapping him in the shoulder while he chuckled.

"You're beautiful Jasmine. You will always be beautiful, but Ryder really did a number on you."

I sighed, knowing he was probably right.

"Can we not talk about that right now? I didn't come here to get punched in the face or stir up drama-

"You kinda did."

I glared at him, shoving him off of me before heading in the direction of the kitchen.

I walked one foot in front of the other when suddenly my legs began to wobble. I looked at my feet to see the floor was moving underneath me, shifting and warping. The colors of the white tile floor were now shining with dancing lights that I couldn't help but be intrigued by.

"Sparkles." I mumbled, reaching down to touch the floor.

"So pretty." I smiled.

The sparkles danced between the creases of the tile, making their way towards me.

I stopped when one of them touched my finger tip.

"Ouch." I pulled my finger back to see blood drawn. What the fuck?