39.) Starry Night

Reggie Pov:

I wiped my tears away for a second, taking a peek at my phone screen. "BESTIE" appeared at the top.

I sighed, grimacing as I took another swig of whiskey. I let it ring until Jasmines picture was no longer on my screen.

The lights were off in my Shed, but I had my music blasting for all of the neighbors to hear.

"All of the lonely nights, all of the fake smiles, I float away at night, I hold my bottle tight." I sang along, letting my tears slip away.

I picked up my phone from beside me, clicking 'photos.' I swiped through until it landed on a picture of Shawn and Mikey.

I sobbed harder. I had taken it the first day of school, because it was a tradition I had with my mother, and I wanted them to feel special too.

Did he feel loved in the end? Did he know I was there for him? Everything happened so fast, I never got to tell him- I sobbed again, taking another swig from my bottle.

I sobbed, holding the bottle up. It was empty.

I pulled my hair, before throwing the bottle out of the Shed window.

"I hate you!" I screamed at the shattered glass.

"Why did you leave us here?"

"Huh?"

"Mikey?!"

I screamed, only being left with nothing but the somber music in the background. That's all I will ever hear when I talk to him now.

Silence..

No sarcastic remarks. No threats. No jokes.

He's gone.