Chapter 23 / Shaadi kab hai? 🌝

Later that evening -

Everyone was presented in the living room except abhinav. He had gone to the terrace to have a call with his assistant.

Harshita's father looked at  Saumya and then at her father , Mr. Chowdhury

"Ladki to aapki bhi badi ho chuki hai , shaadi ke bare me socha hai?" Harshita's father exclaimed all of a sudden . Mr. Chowdhury chuckled

"Haa , hum bhi soch rahe the" Mr. Chowdhury replied

Saumya's eyes widened. She looked at her mother and then at her father

"Meri beti ke liye mujhe ek perfect ladka chahiye...shayad , aap help kar sakte hain" Mr. Chowdhury looked at Mrs. Malhotra who understood the assignment.

"Haan haan kyu Nehi , aap hume boliye shaadi kab karani hai aur ladka ready" Mrs. Chowdhury replied with a chuckle.

Saumya looked at mehak and tanvi and got up. Without talking to anyone , she left the place with a raised heartbeat.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Abhinav was on the terrace talking with someone on phone . He was very frustrated as he just lost a deal with a foreign company . He was scolding his assistant for not telling him earlier. Though the deal was worth 5 lakhs but still he was angry .

"The files that I sent you through pdf , have you ever opened it?! One more mistake and i will kick you out of this company! Do you hear me!?" He hung up the call and punched the railing. "Screw it!"

Suddenly he felt a touch on his shoulder. He turned around and saw saumya looking at him with doe eyes.

"Why are you here , Saumya?'' He calmed himself a bit and asked her.

"Mummy papa....meri shaadi ke bareme baat kar rahe hai...mujhe acha nahi lag rahatha so.." Abhinav's heart started beating faster . He shifted his whole attention to her and looked into her scared eyes

"Ladka mil gaya?" Abhinav asked. Saumya shook her head and sighed "wo...tumhari mummy ko bol rahe the ki....ek acha ladka dhundne ki liye...." Saumya walked passed him and looked at the sky

"Do you have any... male friend?" Abhinav asked her. "no... Back those days i never liked to talk with boys....i don't why....but..."

Abhinav was eagerly waiting for her to finish. "But?"

"My thoughts for boys changed when I met you....it was so sudden but so beautiful...the way you put efforts to make me happy, impressed me. It's my first time being friends with a guy..." Saumya breathed out.

"I don't wanna get married with someone whom i Don't know...i don't care how nice he is....i just can't " saumya's voice trembled.

"May be it's a attraction but i think i like you.." Abhinav was taken back for some moment but soo he realised it was happening for real..

"Saumya....do you?" His voice shook. Saumya turned to him and walked close to him. She held his hands and sighed

"I am confused about my feelings....i need some time.."  abhinav didn't say anything and pulled her in a hug.

Saumya's eyes automatically closed , feeling his warmth. "I will wait" he caressed her hair and pecked her forehead.

"SAUMYA DII!!! SAUMYA DII- oh...." Tanvi stopped at the door way seeing the sight. She smiled widely and went back to call others

"I love you Saumya...the day i saw you , i fell for you . The feelings is uncontrollable.....i want to you give you my love for the rest of my life...i will wait for you , love" Saumya tightened her grip around his waist .

Meanwhile the people who were hiding behind a wall , squinting in happiness. Mehak and tanvi were flustered and there siddarth and Karthik were too happy to explain...

"Ahem..Ahem..." Karthik coughed grabbing both of their attention. They Immediately left eachother and stood there with a red face

"Jiju to Sharma gaaye~" Tanvi said while giggling. Saumya looked at tanvi in confusion.

"A very welcome to our family bhabi~" Karthik spoke in a teasing tone Saumya was too stunned to speak . She couldn't believe her ears...

Was it what she's thinking????

"Ab to Miss Chowdhury se Mrs. Malhotra hone ka waqt agaya bhabii~" Siddharth squealed in happiness.

Abhinav was looking around not wanting to face saumya who was bright red. Mehak and tanvi came to her and side hugged her.

"Bass bhi karo tum dono! Dulhan Sharma rahi hai!" Mehak and tanvi said making saumya more shy. She looked down while biting on her lower lip

"Bhai chale aab? Aapki hone wali sasu maa aapko bula rahi hai" Siddharth said and held abhinav's wrist before dragging him .