Chapter 31/ Escape

Author's POV

The haldi ceremony went with so much joy and an unexpected proposal which shocked everyone including the Malhotra and Chowdhury family and the other relatives who were close to Chowdhury family. Harshita was enjoying all of it but the tension that was rising in her head was ruining it all. She remembered...this night she will escape from this marriage.

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground.The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky.The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun while the the families began getting ready for the last event.

A typical Indian wedding.

"Saumya dii! Jaldi! Koi ajayega fir problem ho jayegi" Tanvi whispered yelled at her sister who was busy moving the board which was hiding the door , that was connected to Harshita's room.

"1 minute ruk. Bas ho gaya" Saumya said while struggling to move the boxes and stuffs from the boundary wall after she finished her first job

"Haan ho gaya. Ab chal" saumya said and turned to tanvi who was lowkey panicking.

Saumya face palmed herself and walked to her before smacking her head.

"Chal ab" She says before grabbing tanvi by her wrist and dragged her to the house

Meanwhile
"Exact 9pm. We will be outside the house. Mehak , tumhe harshita ko hum Tak pohoch Dena Hain. Aur us time saumya aur tanvi rahenge venue pe. Main aur Avinash jaunga marriage register office , harshita ko lekar. Siddharth aur Karthik yeha rahenge . Tum charo situation ko manage karna jab tak hum pohoch na jaate. Thik hai?" Abhinav finally asked on which others replied with a nod.

"Aur tanvi , tum saumya ko minakshi se dur rakhna, most importantly raunak ko . I don't trust that guy" abhinav strictly said

"Acha" tanvi replied.

"Par jiju , agar main harshita di ke sath rahi to harshita dii missing hone ke bad Sari blame to mujhpe ayega. Tab main kya karungi?" Mehak asked being confused.

Everyone nodded in unison.

That was a good question

"I have already informed the police department"

Everyone turned to Siddharth who just said the most unexpected thing.

"Vai , aapko kya lagta hain , wo admi harshita behen ko chainse saas lene dega? Maine already FIR kardi wo log ekdam sahi wakt kar ajayenge. Don't worry" Siddharth said which was actually true.

Everyone stayed silent for a moment before sighing heavily.

"Thik hai. Hum hai , police aane tak hum samhal lenge. Yeha se marriage register office zyada dur nehi hai. Tum sab Aram se pohoch jaoge" Saumya said while checking the Google map.

"Alright. Now that everything is done , Kartik and I will go and disable the cctv cameras' lines." Abhinav said before gesturing Karthik to leave

He didn't even let saumya speak and left the room.  The left people made their ways towards their room , acting normal asf.

Saumya's POV

I walked to my room and locked the door before making my way towards the bed. I observed the saari that was laying on my bed. Taking up the peticot I wore it before proceeding to wear my saree.

This night is going to be  the toughest night of my life. Frankly speaking, I am scared to get caught in the middle of the mission. I am scared about my relatives' eyes on me. I am scared. But at the same time, I have to help Harshita dii , escape this prison which she made by her own.