𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The storm in the distance was the only terrifying part of this expedition in Lauren's eyes, even at the age of nineteen, she didn't fear was what beyond it. Some would ask that if she had known what lies ahead would she have feared it but truthfully, she wouldn't. Her father had told her that whatever lived in that ecosystem would hold dangers their world may have never seen. Many may think they were stupid to be so willing to explore new grounds but truthfully, the Hartman's excitement overpowered the logical sense of self-preservation. Lauren had dreamed of exploring new lands without destroying them, proving it could be done, and this was that opportunity.

Lauren held on to the seat as she stared down the storm ahead, her father sat next to her with his own steely gaze focused on grey clouds and red lightning. "Incredible," Joseph Hartman commented as he and his daughter shared a look, the two smiled as the waves became more and more chaotic, the boat being rocked with the stormy waves. A small gap in the storm appeared as they had predicted, a short time period where their chances of getting through the storm were safer. "Remember what you were taught," Joseph told his daughter, Lauren smirked at the storm ahead. "If you fear, fear itself then you'll survive whatever comes your way," Lauren replied just as a large strike of lightning hit their boat.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The buzzing in her ear was annoying, Lauren groaned before waving her hand by her head hoping to make the buzz fade away but the more she woke up, the more she realized it was a static-like sound in her left ear. She tried to move but a sharp pain shot through her side, she groggily looked around before remembering what had happened. "D-Dad?" Lauren rasped out as she looked around, the former boat she was on seemed to be left in different pieces. There were a few bodies laying around the gravel beach unresponsive, she couldn't tell from the distance if they were alive or not.

Lauren looked down to see a piece of steel in her side, she whimpered as pain shot through her body. She was trapped down in the seat, she pulled her switchblade from her pocket and cut through the strap holding her down. She fell to the gravel, groaning at the harsh impact before pushing herself up into a seated position. Lauren tore some of her khaki pants into shorts, she took the material and tied it around her waist, wrapping it around the metal piece knowing better than to remove the item that was preventing her from possibly bleeding out. "Mr. McNee? Ms. Torres? Dr. Jones? Dad?" Lauren called out cautiously.

There was no response and Lauren felt panicked as she pushed to stand up, she couldn't just sit there and wait for help, they had no one coming for them yet. Lauren noticed Dr. Jones moving making her let out a thankful sigh, she stumbled her way over to him and dropped to her knees; if she woke him then he'd help with the others. "Dr Jones, are you alright?" Lauren asked as she shook his shoulder, the older man groaned as he groggily blinked his eyes open. "Ms. Hartman? What happened?" Dr. Jones' Spanish accent reverberated through Lauren's ears. "I think the storm threw us off course, we should've expected it but we were hoping for the best," Lauren told him as she winced.