𝘞𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘳𝘥

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The large group of around seventeen people made their way through the large fields of the island towards the West where Jack Chapman's last location was known. Lauren fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist as they walked, she was repeating her father's reassuring words in her head as she mentally prepared herself to walk back into the graveyard she had lost Sherry in and faced a Skull Crawler for the first time. And soon enough, they had reached the border of the West Graveyard's crater which was filled with bones and gas.

Lauren's heart clenched at the sight of the remnant bones left by Kong's parents, she swallowed slowly as she stood between James and Mason who were stunned by the sight before them. "Welcome to the Skull Crawler's territory," Lauren spoke once everyone was closer together and looking down into the crater. "Yeah, you smell that?" Marlow asked everyone before answering, "That's death." Marlow and Lauren shared a worried glance, they knew what happened to those who walked through this territory. "What the hell is this place?" Slivko asked with wide eyes.

"This is what's left of Kong's parents," Marlow answered him. "I've taken enough photos of mass graves to recognize one," Mason added as she felt Lauren lean closer to her. "The crash site's just on the other side of this valley. We'll cross through and make it to the highest point west," Colonel Packard informed everyone without a care about the heavy risks they were all facing. "Uh-uh. This place is a real no-no, sir," Marlow replied to Packard as Steve Woodward, Nieves' coworker spoke up, "We need to be going to the north side right now." Lauren scoffed as she turned to them, "He doesn't care."

Packard and Lauren had a staredown until James stepped in front of Lauren to block the Colonel's view. "I'm not leaving Jack out there. Now, who's with me?" Packard argued without room for any other plan. "We can make it," James said with a determined voice, Lauren looked up at him as he turned to her. "You know the area," James said but Lauren could see he meant no harm in this, she needed to face her memories and he was right, she knew the Skull Crawlers better than anyone else. "You're mighty right, we can make it," Packard encouraged, "Now, stay sharp. Keep an eye out." Lauren nodded to James before leading the way.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Lauren's survival instincts were kicked to its highest point, she was analyzing the space around them despite the low visibility due to the thick foggy gas. She was focused on the sounds around her, the subtle purrs that a Skull Crawler seems to let out prior to an attack. James watched her cautiously, he knew she was good at survival but he couldn't risk her freezing up or playing the hero like she had done so before. The others were impressed by Lauren's light steps, attentive reactions, and the way she seemed to pick up on the slightest sounds.

Lauren could hear the clicks of a camera but she knew that Mason wouldn't take many photos of this place understanding the true story behind it. She turned her head to see Randa taking photos of Kong's parents' remnants, she rolled her eyes as Packard and his soldiers moved ahead of her with their guns raised. The group spread out despite Lauren signaling for them to stay closer together, she rolled her eyes before stopping by James who was kneeling down beside a large indent in the soil of a reptile's print. He looked up at Lauren who frowned before looking around the area, something felt off.