𝘊𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭 𝘗𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘥

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Their flare was only two klicks north," James spoke as he helped Lauren off of the Ploat, "They should be here soon." The group huddled together as they awaited the arrival of the others. "Unless they were eaten by something that's bigger than us," Mason commented making Lauren laugh to herself. "Someone's becoming a pessimist," Lauren teased from where she was sitting. "Just keeping it real," Mason replied to her with a shrug. "Have some faith," Lauren told her with a quick brow raise, the others enjoying the banter between the two friends. Nieves sat down near Lauren, he sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I worked behind a desk, I never saw myself going out on something like this," Nieves spoke making Lauren laugh quietly. "But despite my complaints, despite the risks... At least I can say I've lived, right?" Nieves asked Lauren who turned to him. "Yes, you can. It really shows you how quickly your life can go in a way you'd never expect," Lauren replied to him, Nieves smiled in agreement. "Kong... He isn't really a bad ape, huh?" Nieves asked as San and Brooks moved closer to them with small smiles on their faces. "No, he isn't. He's just protecting his home, his legacy, and his honor," Lauren told him as she looked out to the river wondering where Kong would possibly be and if he was wondering where she was too.

The group heard rustling from the trees, they all stood ready for anything that would come out but to their relief, it was the soldiers and Nieves' coworker. "Holy shit!" Slivko called as he got up and ran over to his squadron, they all embraced each other happily. "Slivko!" One of them called out, "Thought you were taking a dirt nap by now, Slivko." Lauren chuckled at the soldiers as she kept back with Marlow leaving the familiar faces to reunite with each other. "Never thought I'd see you guys again," Slivko told them as San and Brooks were approached by another man who was familiar to Lauren. "You Randa?" Lauren asked causing Brooks' eyes to widen.

"That's him," Nieves said after he had shaken hands with another man in a similar jacket. "Good to know," Lauren said before she stepped in front of him and punched him in the face causing him to stumble back, the others watching shocked. "Lauren!" Brooks called as Lauren shook out her hand from the tingles in her knuckles due to the impact. "I said I'd punch him. Just keeping my word," Lauren told him before walking towards James who had an amused smirk. "Colonel Packard, this is Lauren Hartman. She's been trapped on the island for the past seven years," James introduced as Colonel Packard shook her hand.

"Quite a right hook you have there," Colonel Packard said with an impressed expression, he had been tempted to do the same thing. "What's your count?" James asked Colonel Packard while Lauren stayed by his side. "What you see is what I got," Colonel Packard answered him motioning towards the small group behind him. "We almost lost one," James told him before looking down at Lauren, "She saved him." Colonel Packard raised a brow before looking at Lauren, "You seem like someone worth having on my team." Lauren shrugged as she analyzed the man before her, "I do what has to be done to protect who I can."