𝘚𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘒𝘰𝘯𝘨

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Lauren pushed herself further, her lungs screaming at her but she continued through as she evaded Kong. She reached for a vine, gripping it tight before swinging across the ravine just as Kong jumped over the trees; he reached for her but she managed to use her size against him. Lauren ran through a crevice in the mountain, the vibrations of the stone alerted her that Kong knew what she was doing. Who knew that being trained by a large prehistoric ape would be so exhausting and exhilarating. She hoped to have beaten him to the other side of the mountain, she cautiously looked out to see nothing but the many mountains in the distance.

As Lauren moved to leave the crevice believing it was clear, she was immediately caught by Kong who smiled at her as she rolled her eyes. Lauren laid back into Kong's palm, she closed her eyes as she felt her lungs ease now that it was receiving sufficient oxygen. "I was still good though, right?" Lauren asked Kong, who bowed his head slightly with a light growl. "I'm taking that as a yes," Lauren told the large ape, she opened her eyes and looked Kong in the eyes. "Thank you, Kong. For everything," Lauren told him, her smile bought one to Kong's face before the two headed towards their home.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"There's water close by," James spoke as he leaned over a branch where fungi and mushrooms were forming, Lauren had been keeping to herself but Mason knew Lauren was formulating a plan to not only save Kong but protect the soldiers following the crazed Colonel. "Are you lost? Which way?" Brooks asked before looking towards Lauren, hoping she would give an answer to their whereabouts however, she was trapped within her thoughts. Lauren rolled her eyes and made her way past James and towards a mountain where she began climbing, James followed her while Mason stayed back with Marlow, Brooks, San, and Nieves.

Lauren made it to the top of the mountain and looked out to the foggy view, the sun had disappeared and the moon had risen. James stepped up just by her side, "The boat must be around that bend." He looked towards Lauren who had squinted her eyes before stepping forward, the shadow of Kong appeared in the fog before he stepped closer. Kong's eyes focused on James first before turning to Lauren, a light growl coming from his mouth. "I'm okay, big man," Lauren assured him as she moved to step closer, James grabbed her wrist protectively causing Kong's eyes to turn back to him.

"It's fine, James..." Lauren assured him, James let go of her and let her walk forward. He watched in awe as Lauren not only rested her hand on Kong's nose but her forehead against him; Kong's eyes closed as he relaxed. "I'm sorry, big guy..." Lauren whispered before an explosion in the distance pulled their attention. "No..." Lauren whimpered before stepping back into James' arms, Kong looked James in the eyes before stepping back and letting out a loud roar before he made his way toward the explosions. "James..." Lauren whispered as James' arms tightened around her. "Come on..." James whispered before they headed down the mountain.