𝘐𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Seven years later
1973

Lauren's breath was short as she ran through the clearing, she reached out and grabbed onto the Sker Buffalo's antler and pulled herself up onto its back as it ran. The noticeable growl of a Skull Crawler sounded behind them, she smirked to herself before pushing to stand and balance on the back of the Buffalo, she tightened her grip on the blade in her hand and pushed off of the Buffalo's back onto the Skull Crawler; driving the makeshift steel blade into its back, sliding down ripping through its skin revealing its insides. She tucked and rolled once she was off of its body, pushing off of the ground before pulling a match from her pocket; lighting it before tossing it at the remnants of the Skull Crawler causing it to blast in flames.

The familiar growl of Kong pulled the brunette's attention, she turned her head to see a large primate that held a smug expression with the remnants of three Skull Crawlers at his feet. "Wow, you're playing that game?" Lauren asked him as she crossed her arms. Kong huffed at her as he held out his hand for her to climb on, the woman didn't hesitate to climb into his palm. "I did it with style," Lauren told Kong who huffed with an eye roll. "Crushing their skulls together and ripping their insides out doesn't count as style," Lauren told him making him stop and look at her with an unimpressed expression. "I'm not taking it back," Lauren told him with her hands on her hips.

Kong lifted his hand into the air causing Lauren to go flying up before he managed to catch her again, she looked up at him with a glare. "That's just unfair, Kong. At least I managed to kill this one without your help!" Lauren told him making him stop to think before huffing in agreement. Lauren smiled victoriously before sitting comfortably in his palm watching the environment pass by. It had been seven years of living on Skull Island. Lauren had spent her first year with Hank and the Iwi's learning what she could while mourning her losses. In her second year, Lauren decided to leave the safety net of the Tribe and live in the Jungle to do her research.

She still visited the Iwi's but with the supplies from what was left on the ship, she had managed to set up a camp for herself. It was halfway through her third year when she encountered Kong, he had been overwhelmed by a number of smaller Skull Crawlers; fighting the PTSD episode that threatened to freeze her in place, Lauren rushed forward and managed to distract the majority of them including the familiar Skull Crawler that had killed her father; noticeable by the damaged eye and large gash in its side. That day formed a bond between Lauren and Kong, the large Primate assisted Lauren and she learned how to communicate with him.

Hank had been impressed by Lauren's quick adaption to surviving but he was left speechless at how she had learned to understand Kong. Lauren found it amusing considering she couldn't understand the Iwi's but Hank could, so it made sense for her that she understood Kong while others couldn't. She had attempted to teach Hank some basics of understanding Kong but he didn't exactly catch on so he left it to her. The Iwi's were amazed by Lauren's ability to communicate with their God and considered her royalty as they painted her on the ship alongside Kong's story; she thought it was ridiculous at first but now she admires their storytelling arts and accepted it.